Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johnson learns more about USC on visit

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Johnson learns more about USC on visit
[SIZE= 14px]April 6, 2016     BY PHIL KORNBLUT[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]            LINK[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]: [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]SPORTSTALK[/SIZE]

Brad Johnson
DE Brad Johnson of Pendleton spent about four hours at USC Wednesday with his coach getting a tour of campus and the business school.  He also spent plenty of time with Will Muschamp and defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson.

“I enjoyed it, all aspects of it,” Johnson said.  “They took me thru the academic part and I got a lot of information, and they answered all of my questions.”

Johnson has previously visited with Muschamp and talked about what he sees him and how he would fit in with the defense.  He got a little more of that on Wednesday.

“They have already talked to me about strategically where I would be playing in their defense, the Buck position,” Johnson said.  “Since they first started recruiting me they’ve left an impression on me about how much they wanted me.  They say that they need me, they really emphasize that.”

Johnson picked up an offer from Virginia Tech Wednesday.  He is planning to visit North Carolina next weekend and is also considering visits to Mississippi State and Virginia Tech.  He’s closing in on a decision but won’t make a commitment until he’s 100% certain.

“Probably my number one choice right now is South Carolina out of all the schools I’m looking at,” Johnson said.  He also has offers from Wake Forest, Duke, C0lorado State, Rutgers, Georgia Tech and Miami of Ohio.