Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Meltdown Time! Week 1 - Always makes me laugh

Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott has received more than his fair share of hateful comments on Twitter after a 10-3 loss to Georgia on Saturday. Elliott said the comments hurt, but he recognizes that the offense needs to perform better.

“It’s tough because you get embarrassed on national TV,” Elliott said. “I’ve already got the Twitter fingers and hate mail telling me that I suck and need to be fired. I need to go back to Michelin. It hurts. It hurts because I know how much work this offensive staff and these players have put in. Nobody wants to go out on national TV and not play their best. I know our fans are passionate. I understand what the expectation is here. So I hurt for them because they’re upset that we didn’t perform well.

“So yeah, there’s a feeling of hurt but we can’t wallow in our pity. We’ve got to change our perspective. These guys are gonna respond and I’m excited to see the growth that’s gonna take place.”

If it were up to Elliott, he wouldn’t bother with Twitter. But his job makes it a necessity and he gets a notification every time someone responds to him.
https://www.on3.com/college/clemson-tigers/news/clemson-oc-tony-elliot-hurt-twitter-fingers-following-loss-georgia/

Stay classy, Pickens County.