Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm a little concerned...

GCF Staff Support

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
For years now, I have been very patient with this team. However, at this time of the season, we are usually painfully deficient in one or two critical areas that I have to put on my garnet glasses and hope to change my own opinion on things. For example, last year it was the safety spot, and special teams. Also, Spurrier never seemed too confident in his team. This year every thing seems to be rocking and rolling along,and besides punting, I have no real concerns with this team. It feels so akward. Are my glasses extra garnet this year? Has all the sunshine pumping dulled my sense of reality?

For years now, I have been very patient with this team. However, at this time of the season, we are usually painfully deficient in one or two critical areas that I have to put on my garnet glasses and hope to change my own opinion on things. For example, last year it was the safety spot, and special teams. Also, Spurrier never seemed too confident in his team. This year every thing seems to be rocking and rolling along,and besides punting, I have no real concerns with this team. It feels so akward. Are my glasses extra garnet this year? Has all the sunshine pumping dulled my sense of reality?
Spurrier was extremely confident in last years team. Very confident at media days.

I would say the concern is at the safety spot next to and behind swearinnger. Also Agustes health and depth are concerns at cb. Legree still has plenty to prove as well as Christian.

Hard to tell about wr. Rave reviews about them in practice, but it didn't transition in games last year. Ace has to be the leader and Byrd and Ellington need to be more complete in games.

All other areas seem pretty solid. Maybe dt depth. Be interested to see news on Dukes Dioxins and Green once full contact starts.