Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like Rattler's play the last 4 games

crowcutta

Fanatics Cash
The numbers arent great, but rattler isnt putting the ball in jeopardy as much the last 4 games. I dont know what the analytics show but i think the only interceptable pass hes thrown the past 4 games was the underthrown attempted 50/50 ball to stogner vs kentucky that got picked. while his numbers havent been eye popping as we dont ask him to do too much, hes making just enough plays and 94 attempts with only 1 interceptable pass is elite based on my made up off the top of my head analytics. he only threw one pass on each of the td drives that we had in the 2nd half vs a&m and both of them were well thrown 20+ yard back shoulder throws against good coverage where he gave the receiver a chance to make the play and they made it. the only ball security critique would be the ball needs to be out quicker on his fumble and beamer said as much in his sunday teleconference.

team as a whole, first 3 weeks terrible on 3rd downs, last 4 games much better. kentucky a very good 3rd down defense, we converted 42.8% theyre giving up 30.8% on the season. a&m a mediocre 3rd down defense giving up 38.2% on the season, we converted 50%.

Rattler will be the starter he is due way overdo for a bust-out game. Be it this week or when but he will before the season is over. At this point, the only way I Doty is if Rattler gets injured.

Our teams have lost games in strange ways since 2014.

If Shane has indeed found the reason for that and fixed it across the board, then logically it would stand to reason that we will suddenly start winning stronger and sooner than anyone expected and keep doing it.

Talent development and depth is where I am going with this.

That takes a lot of pressure off of any QB and spreads both the risk and reward out. Dabo and Dawn are both good at this and we have seen the results over the years.

Shane's recruiting class next year stacked pretty good, but you still need a veteran QB as an anchor.

At 6'1", he is the same tweener size that Shaw was for an NFL QB. I would hope he would get better and stay another year to finish things out like Shaw.

I would hope at some point we see a situation where Rattler and Doty can tag team the everlovin' sheot out of our opponents just like Shaw and Thompson did.

Rattler will be the starter he is due way overdo for a bust-out game. Be it this week or when but he will before the season is over. At this point, the only way I Doty is if Rattler gets injured.
I think if we can punch Mizzou in the face with Defense and Special Teams in the first half, this next game may just be the one where Spencer busts out.

Satt may be trying to spread things out to keep everyone happy and there's nothing wrong with that if it works, but I think Shane has figured out when he needs to tell him to keep it simple and get the ball to the playmakers and kick butt.