Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horizon Zero Dawn (Complete Edition)

FurmanCock

Grand Poohbah
Fanatics Cash
Just picked this up and started playing, even though it's probably 3-4 years old.  So far, I'm really enjoying it.  Good story line and l like the mechanics. 

Yancey, you may enjoy, since you have some iso time on your hands.

Have never played this series, and I like city builders, so I picked this up and am enjoying it:

anhc-1404he-edition-thumbnail-1920x1080-1920x1080-252323133.jpg

Just picked this up and started playing, even though it's probably 3-4 years old.  So far, I'm really enjoying it.  Good story line and l like the mechanics. 

Yancey, you may enjoy, since you have some iso time on your hands.
Does it sort of feel like a post-apocalyptic Skyrim?

Does it sort of feel like a post-apocalyptic Skyrim?
Yeah, it does kind of.  Definitely in the RPG mold.  Combat flows pretty easily from melee to distance attacks.  Good use of stealth, traps and potions.  There are a three skill branches, and crafting is a large component, but the farming is relatively easy, and crafting can be done on the fly.  So far armor and weapons seem to be advanced primarily through merchants...haven't seen any drops for those, but they can also be upgraded with components.  Seems relatively open world, not on the scale of Skyrim, but still lot's to explore and the requisite available side missions.  But the game at this point was $20 which included all of the DLC content.

Incidentally, since you mentioned Skyrim, I purchased the Special Edition version of Skryim for the PS4 at the same time as Horizon.  It's been probably 3 or 4 years since I played it, and thought I might revisit it for kicks, while waiting for the Diablo II remaster to be released.  I haven't played anything really since Witcher 3 came out, and was hankering for some console time.

Yeah, it does kind of.  Definitely in the RPG mold.  Combat flows pretty easily from melee to distance attacks.  Good use of stealth, traps and potions.  There are a three skill branches, and crafting is a large component, but the farming is relatively easy, and crafting can be done on the fly.  So far armor and weapons seem to be advanced primarily through merchants...haven't seen any drops for those, but they can also be upgraded with components.  Seems relatively open world, not on the scale of Skyrim, but still lot's to explore and the requisite available side missions.  But the game at this point was $20 which included all of the DLC content.

Incidentally, since you mentioned Skyrim, I purchased the Special Edition version of Skryim for the PS4 at the same time as Horizon.  It's been probably 3 or 4 years since I played it, and thought I might revisit it for kicks, while waiting for the Diablo II remaster to be released.  I haven't played anything really since Witcher 3 came out, and was hankering for some console time.
Love, love, love Skyrim. Every few years I go back and start a new, wildly different character. Witcher 3 also obviously a classic!

I wanted to give Skyrim another run through but am having chemo brain trying to figure out how to get it to run in 3440X1440