Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to miss this guy. :(

bp-2.png

I had forgotten he did the James Brown movie for some reason.

He was like Tom Cruise in that he mastered suspension of disbelief; audiences start believing he IS the character not long into the movie.

All the great actors have that ability, but you don't see that many today who can actually pull it off.  Many of the earlier-era actors purposely avoided the talk shows to maintain suspension of disbelief.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough loss. He was one of those actors that made the movie better just by being in it. He did the state proud.
He went to Howard and became the Black Panther.

Just think if he'd gone to Clemson instead?  Yeah, not so much.  LOL

All the great actors have that ability, but you don't see that many today who can actually pull it off.  Many of the earlier-era actors purposely avoided the talk shows to maintain suspension of disbelief.
He was kinda like a black Tom Hanks. His best work was ahead of him. Big loss. 

I am afraid that Da 5 Bloods and Tom Hanks' Greyhound may run the risk of going into the streaming black hole in space during the pandemic because all the theaters are closed.

Both would have done good at the box office during normal times.

On Aug. 28, Marvel chief creative officer Kevin Feige received an urgent email regarding Chadwick Boseman, with no further information. Unbeknownst to anyone at the studio, the Black Panther star had been battling colon cancer privately for four-plus years and had taken a sudden turn for the worse. By the time Feige read the message an hour later, Boseman already had died, sending shock waves through Disney and the tight-knit Marvel Cinematic Universe.

A source close to Boseman tells The Hollywood Reporter that the 43-year-old actor, who had become noticeably thin in recent months, was convinced until about a week before his death that he was going to beat cancer and would be able to gain the weight back for a Black Panther sequel that was scheduled to go into production in March. The actor was even set to prepare for the new film beginning in September.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-grapples-with-how-to-proceed-on-black-panther-without-chadwick-boseman

Chadwick Boseman’s agent Michael Greene revealed that the late actor’s mother motivated him not to share his terminal cancer diagnosis. 

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Greene said that Boseman’s mother—who raised him humbly in Anderson, South Carolina, with the help of her husband, Leroy—had “always taught him not to have people fuss over him.”

Greene shared that Boseman was also concerned about having his privacy impacted by the news spiraling out of control. 

“He also felt in this business that people trip out about things, and he was a very, very private person,” he said. 

Greene confirmed Boseman was intentional about promoting positive images of Black people in the roles he selected. “Chad always made sure of the integrity, the ethics, the morals. I’ve represented a lot of clients, and started a lot of clients. His commitment and loyalty was amazing,” he said. 

“It’s not typical in Hollywood,” he added. He said that questions like “How can I give back” and “How will this be valuable to the Black community, and the community at large” were considered before they committed to any parts. 

He said Boseman refused an opportunity to use his image to obtain equity in a fledgling liquor company because of his moral compass. 

“I can’t, because how can I show young Black kids and kids of color that they can be superheroes, [then do this],” he reportedly said. Greene might have admired Boseman’s integrity but it wasn’t a hit with everyone. When Boseman appeared on All My Children, he was let go for refusing to portray negative images. 

Greene recanted what was told to Boseman: “He was told, ‘Oh, here’s your next script, and your mother’s a crackhead and your father left.’ “

“And he goes, ‘I’m not playing those images,’ and he went into the writers’ room, and they fired him.” 

Boseman also turned down a chance to costar with Tessa Thompson because of his beliefs. 

“I remember him and Tessa were offered a movie, it was about two slaves, and he was like, ‘I do not want to perpetuate slavery.’ It was like, ‘We’re not going to keep perpetuating the stereotypes,’ and that’s why he wanted to show men of strength and of character.”
https://www.essence.com/celebrity/chadwick-bosemans-agent-says-his-mom-inspired-him-to-keep-his-cancer-a-secret/

Leadership from a Southern African-American man.  The void created by his death will be bigger than most people think.

Last edited by a moderator: