Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks to wear throwback helmet this season?

Will have to see what that looks like from a distance or on TV.  I like the idea but what I can tell of that looks like it would be hard to tell what it is during a game.  If the players like it then I'm all for it.

I like'em. But as CockyO said, don't really care what they wear as long as we win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it time for the obligatory “I don’t care if we wear pink tutus” comment, yet?

It'll be a lot cooler if we win while wearing them.
Right.

Throwback unis are an homage to previous coaches and players who worked their butts off to get their wins.

They should hold stuff like this as a carrot they get if they win a certain number of games rather than relying on magic dust to do it for them.

Winning your games is the best homage to the legacy of the past.

I think the silent commit will announce Tuesday.  :)  

Totally kidding.  Old joke from an old Gamecock message board.

I could see the throwback logo on a chrome or gloss black helmet, neither of which have been done before, rather than the white helmets.

Gloss black helmets w/red face masks and the throwback logo with all black unis would be sick.

Both the chrome and gloss black helmets would look great for the night games.

But, again, I would say use them as a reward for winning games rather than a crutch or magic dust.