Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll Gamecocks rewarded coach Beamer with a new contract worth $33 million dollars over the next five seasons. How do you feel about the new deal?

Poll

How do you feel about the new deal for coach Beamer?

• It's right on the money

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Overpaid

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Not yet worthy of raise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Gamecocks rewarded coach Beamer with a new contract worth $33 million dollars over the next five seasons. How do you feel about the new deal? I think good move money well spent.

Ya! why? Beamer beat Clemson Muschamp could not and finished in the top 25 in any of his seasons at Carolina.

I said it was about right, but I think it's not so much the absolute dollar amounts as much as our ways out if things go south.

That's what the issue was with Muschamp was in the long run.

I’m impressed with what Beamer has done so far in 2 years. He defiantly deserved a raise. But maybe not quite so much. I think a lower base but a good incentives with bonuses etc if he continues to perform, based on number of wins or whatever milestones, would have been more prudent. Especially after what happened with Muschamp.

But what do I know. I’m no AD.

Seems appropriate to me. It moved him from last in the SEC to around 9th in the conference for compensation. In my mind, he should be in the top 10 of the conference. Now if you object because coaches shouldn't make that much money, that's completely different than his salary relative to the other coaches in the SEC.

Same record through 2 seasons as Muschamp although this has a different feel. Hope Tanner and the BOT learned their lesson from that fiasco and left room for an exit plan should changes need to be made. I don't think recruits care much anymore about what the coaching staff is getting paid, relative to their peers. Some care more about what they are getting paid. A raise was deserved, but not so much in my opinion. Nobody is coming to hire him away yet. I'm in favor or more incentive based contracts.