Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks learn their complete 2024 football schedule

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks learn their complete 2024 football schedule

Dec. 13, 2023

The one major recruiting pitch that USC football has utilized for recruits over the years is that if you come to Carolina, you’ll compete against the best in the SEC. That slogan has never been truer than it’s going to be in 2024.

On Wednesday night, the Southeastern Conference released the entire football schedule for all of its member institutions, including the two newcomers in Oklahoma and Texas. And while the Gamecocks won’t face their natural rivals in Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee, USC seemingly will play everybody else.

The Gamecocks host Old Dominion to kick off the season on August 31st, followed by their SEC opener at Kentucky on September 7th. The following weekend, Carolina welcomes LSU to Williams-Brice Stadium before hosting Akron on September 21st.

After their first of two open dates, the Gamecocks will begin a brutal month of October by entertaining Ole Miss in Columbia. Then begins a two-game road swing to Alabama (Oct. 12th) and Oklahoma (October 19th). USC will enjoy its second bye on October 26th, before a busy month of November.

Texas A&M is in town to begin the month, with the Gamecocks traveling to Vanderbilt on the 9th. Missouri comes into the “Cock Pit” on the 16th, with USC winding up its home schedule against Wofford on the 23rd. The annual in-state rivalry game is set for November 30th at Clemson.

South Carolina Release on 2024 FB Schedule

• 2024 Gamecock Football Schedule
  • Aug. 31 OLD DOMINION
  • Sept. 7 at Kentucky*
  • Sept. 14 LSU*
  • Sept. 21 AKRON
  • Sept. 28 Bye week
  • Oct. 5 OLE MISS*
  • Oct. 12 at Alabama*
  • Oct. 19 at Oklahoma*
  • Oct. 26 Bye week
  • Nov. 2 TEXAS A&M*
  • Nov. 9 at Vanderbilt*
  • Nov. 16 MISSOURI*
  • Nov. 23 WOFFORD
  • Nov. 30 at Clemson
  • Home games in CAPS * denotes SEC game

The SEC loves to make sure we get the toughest schedule. Road games to Bama and OKL. being back-to-back like that is really tough. At least we get an extra bye week after those 2 stops.

I mean, LSU, Alabama, and Oklahoma all 3 in the same season has got to be the hardest schedule in the country. I think I would rather have UGA, Florida, and Tenn again.
Time to find out if Beamer's recruits can step up to the plate. I sure hope we improve both lines of scrimmage.