Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks in the 2023 NFL Playoffs

Rico Dowdle in his back-up RB role with the Cowboys.

Back in August, head coach Mike McCarthy praised Dowdle’s preseason performance.

“I’ve been impressed with Rico since the first year,” McCarthy said. “I love his running style. He runs angry. He pass-protects with a lot of urgency. He sticks his nose in there … I think we’re just seeing Rico finally healthy. He’s had a tough four years here. Very instinctive. Very bright. Very good, young football player.”

Rico dropped a screen pass and missed a block in the Cowboys' loss to the Bills at Orchard Park yesterday. The Bills simply wanted it more and shut down the #1 offense in the country.

Still he has 311 yards on 78 carries for 2 TDs in his fourth year with the Cowboys.

dallas_cowboys_rico_dowdle_navy_jersey_alternate_game_-_men%27s_5437.jpg

Rico had some good carries against the Commanders this weekend. He made a really good block on a defender in the Red Zone.

He had some great catches and runs in that game as well, rushing for 100 yards.

You can't embed NFL YouTube vids, so watch the highlights on YouTube.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1bkOqvoz0vc

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XM_Bty5wVMA

Jaylen Brooks is also on the Cowboys. He missed a catch but the defender got called for targeting helmet-to-helmet, so that still helped Dallas some in the win that gave them the NFC East.

Dallas doing Dallas things in the play-offs against JJ Enagbare and the Packers' defense.

axjjvtco0jgu5dgsuqvy.jpg

Darius Rush was signed by the Steelers in October.

Rush was picked by the Colts out of South Carolina but did not make Indianapolis’ initial 53-man roster, so the Kansas City Chiefs claimed him on waivers before the Colts could add him to their practice squad. By Week 2 of the regular season, though, Rush was demoted to the Chiefs’ practice squad.

Using the NFL media outlet’s pre-draft rankings, the Steelers now have three of the top 18 rated cornerbacks for the 2023 draft class: Porter was the fourth-rated prospect, Trice No. 16 and Rush 18th.

“They are building a big, big secondary,” Rush said after his first practice Wednesday at UPMC Rooney Sports Complex. “I guess that’s the new norm nowadays: getting big, tall corners. We just fit that role, and I am guessing the coaches trust us to come in and build something here, us being three rookies.”

c0yph6igfzniqqwegvw6.png