Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks Hit the Practice Fields Wednesday Morning (with video)

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Gamecocks Hit the Practice Fields Wednesday Morning

From USC Sports Information

08/08/12

video|Jadeveon Clowney| Coach Ward | Coach Botkin | D.J. Swearinger | Kelcy Quarles | Coach Spurrier

Preseason Practices Continue

COLUMBIA, S.C. (August 8, 2012) – The University of South Carolina football team worked out again Wednesday morning in full pads at the Bluff Road practice fields.

Following the practice session head coach Steve Spurrier was asked about the recent transfer of redshirt freshman quarterback Tanner McEvoy. “We’ve got a lot of quarterbacks here, and personally I believe that was the best thing for him to do because Dylan (Thompson) has come along very nicely and Connor (Shaw) has another year,” said Coach Spurrier. “Dylan has three more years. I don’t see him beating Dylan out in two or three years. He wants to play quarterback. Quarterbacks transfer all the time. I think it’s the best opportunity for him so I hope it works out for him.” (more)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more notes about practice

scrimmage was 2's and 3's at the practice field. ward is exuding confidence, doesnt expect akeem to be out more than a day or two, but if a guy is out we'll get someone else ready. ward and clowney say the mlb talk and moving around is all about finding matchups for your best players. holloman has a slight hammy pull. mason harris has a groin issue. lb coach botkin praised shaq for his play so far in camp and likes what he sees out of the two true freshman backers and diggs at spur. if the season started now it would wilson and bowens as the starting linebackers, but mentioned jeffery being in the mix.

that has me wondering who the backup at mike is right now.