Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecock bowl options & projections are coast to coast

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Gamecock bowl options & projections are coast to coast
Nov. 07, 2022

With only 3 games left in the season options are starting to take shape. Here are the latest projections

Mark Schlabach of ESPN projects the Gamecocks to the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl against the Florida State Seminoles. The game takes place in Jacksonville, Florida on Dec. 30. South Carolina hasn’t played in the Gator Bowl since 1987.

ESPN’s Kyle Bonagura also played the Gamecocks in the Las Vegas Bowl against the Huskies.

The SEC in 2020 began alternating with the Big Ten in having a tie-in to the Las Vegas Bowl against a Pac-12 team. The game was canceled in 2020 during the COVID pandemic.

Jerry Palm, in his latest projections for CBS Sports, placed the Gamecocks against the Washington Huskies in the Las Vegas Bowl. The Las Vegas Bowl takes place at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 17, the second day of bowl season. It will be televised on ESPN.

Brad Crawford of 247Sports placed South Carolina in the ReliaQuest Bowl — formerly the Outback Bowl — on Jan. 2 against Notre Dame.

Bowl selections are still a month away they don’t become official until the afternoon of Dec. 4. The Gamecocks have three more chances to improve on its 6-6 regular-season record from last year. The Gamecocks visit Florida this coming Saturday (4 p.m., SEC Network) for another SEC East matchup. Saturday’s win against the Commodores earned South Carolina a some votes in the most recent Associated Press poll.

I think we are on a par with the Irish and Noles.

Would be a great bowl game with either opponent.

Oof, if we played the ND team that showed up against Clemson last week, I think the results would be similar. The Irish dominated the lines of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, against Clemmy. We don't have the depth yet to hold up to that type of physical play for four quarters.

I'd be down to play Washington. For a bowl game, I like to see matchups that aren't normally going to occur. I don't think we've ever played them and give it a 0% chance that we will try to schedule then in the regular season.

A game against the Longhorns at Jerry World where we stood something more than a snowball's chance of winning would be a great bowl trip for the fan base, too.

Would love to go west. That would be great. Really something different.