Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early prediction, sixth in the East?

I think 4 wins is the minimum, Eastern Ill. and ECU should be W's. I'd like to beat Vandy and either KY, Tenn, or Mizzou. If we took 2/3 there I'd call the season a major success. 

I'm with CC. I think Tennessee is a mess and that Kentucky is getting more love than it should, so we'll see.

I'll be happy if we don't try and kick 57 yard field goals while being down by 3 TDs in the 3rd quarter.

My heart and brain says we’re better than sixth, but we certainly haven’t earned anything better……………………..yet!

Kentucky is pretty solid and well coach.  Right now that would be an upset.   We should beat UT but for some reason we will probably struggle.   

Kentucky is pretty solid and well coach.  Right now that would be an upset.   We should beat UT but for some reason we will probably struggle.   
I agree about UK, Stoops has done a very good job there.  IIRC they got 2 QBs through the transfer portal so I suspect we'll have our hands full with them.

I agree about UK, Stoops has done a very good job there.  IIRC they got 2 QBs through the transfer portal so I suspect we'll have our hands full with them.
Stoops needs to take another job….lol. UK has always been one of those sleeping giants to me.   Not Bama, UGA type but if they get organized and focused on more than bball they are in a great position.  Kinda like a Michigan State type but able get talent  from the Midwest to Southeast.   

I hope every opponent takes us lightly.
Right.  We're going to be the unpredictable and dangerous team that no one wants to play.

We have had one of the worst defenses in the conference that supposedly had a defensive guru for a HC.

Muschamp had the most victories of any new coach here in his first 3 years then we went on a skid.

Your success in life is determined by how well you handle adversity and there is a part of me that thinks words were said between some of the staff and players before the Belk Bowl that caused Muschamp to lose enough of the defensive players to matter.  I think Muschamp either didn't know about it or didn't care enough to clean it up if something like that actually happened.

The defense seemed to play like they wanted a certain coach fired.  If that's close to being true, then the defense will automatically be improved to get us enough wins for people to start taking our program seriously again a lot quicker than folks may think.

Well, as others have mentioned, I think we should be better than 6th, but the last 2 years say otherwise.  I feel we have some talent here, let's see if better coaching equates to a few more wins.

Muschamp had the most victories of any new coach here in his first 3 years
He also coached more games in those first 3 years than any prior, which is a stat he always conveniently left out when tooting his own horn.

I'll be happy if we don't try and kick 57 yard field goals while being down by 3 TDs in the 3rd quarter.
Can we still be down 38-14 late in the game and go on an 18 play drive that eats up over 7 minutes and results in no points?

My prediction for the East

1) Georgia 

2 - 3)Kentucky/Florida

4 - 5) SC/Missouri 

6) Tennessee (unless the kids play their a$$ for that coach.

7) Vanderbilt 

I don’t see FL as a lock for #2 they lost some pieces, Kentucky has up and down seasons.  Can they put it all together. I personally think SC picks up wins against Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Missouri.  If the GA game stays close Florida and Kentucky better watch out because I don’t see either of them as a clear cut number 2 or 3.  The East this year could be way different than what anyone is expecting.