Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doty to have season-ending surgery

Well that ends that. Now who moves to the 2 spot Brown most likely

Beamer said FCS transfer quarterback Jason Brown will head into the backup role at quarterback with freshman Colten Gauthier and redshirt sophomore Connor Jordan behind. He said that wide receiver Dakereon Joyner, who played quarterback in high school and had taken snaps at the position in previous seasons, will not assume a larger role at quarterback but will still be available for special packages.

Tough deal for Luke. Looks like he either re-injured his foot, or it wasn't healing properly. It appears like his ability to perform at top level was hampered with the injury, so makes sense to just shut him down and let Noland and Brown take it from here....

Next man up.  I'd like to see Colten and Brown get some snaps along the way and see what they can do once they get comfortable.  

Well, you could see this coming after Shaw the other week said that Doty was still experiencing pain.  I just don't understand why they didn't rest Doty and let him heal up unless they knew the injury was unlikely to get better and he wanted to play.

Well that ends that. Now who moves to the 2 spot Brown most likely

Beamer said FCS transfer quarterback Jason Brown will head into the backup role at quarterback with freshman Colten Gauthier and redshirt sophomore Connor Jordan behind. He said that wide receiver Dakereon Joyner, who played quarterback in high school and had taken snaps at the position in previous seasons, will not assume a larger role at quarterback but will still be available for special packages.
This kinda contradicts Satt saying in his last presser that he expected to give Joyner more reps before Noland arrived and he had to spend time with him instead.

I honestly think Satt and Beamer are a little at odds over who should get snaps at QB.

Maybe Shane wants to take the time now in his first season to evaluate the QB room in real game day situations.

I don't know.

We might end up seeing some good football regardless.

Is it too late in the season for Doty to get a medical exemption and another year of eligibility?

Well, you could see this coming after Shaw the other week said that Doty was still experiencing pain.  I just don't understand why they didn't rest Doty and let him heal up unless they knew the injury was unlikely to get better and he wanted to play.

This kinda contradicts Satt saying in his last presser that he expected to give Joyner more reps before Noland arrived and he had to spend time with him instead.

I honestly think Satt and Beamer are a little at odds over who should get snaps at QB.

Maybe Shane wants to take the time now in his first season to evaluate the QB room in real game day situations.

I don't know.

We might end up seeing some good football regardless.

Is it too late in the season for Doty to get a medical exemption and another year of eligibility?
He can apply for a medical hardship waiver...and then the NCAA will throw the dart at the board and see what the verdict is.