Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doty or Noland, Noland or Doty

CockyinVa

Fanatics Cash
If Doty is cleared,  and probably will be, to go for ECU who starts?  Noland had 4 tds in the 1st half against  E Illinois. Looked composed.  Is Doty the equivalent in passing....does his run ability give him the advantage?  Just want to see the guy that gives us the best opportunity to win.

Easy here, Doty. Go with the more talented QB and Doty has been their. Not his first start. 

My guess is they will go with whomever has the better week in practice.  Doty is going to need some time to knock the rust off.

Noland deserves to start based on yesterday's performance. But I expect Doty to get significant playing time. Maybe play each a half?

I say Doty. He’s worked for a year to get to this place and he’s the future, potentially - at least we need to see him play to know.

I look to hear leadership from the HBC, tell us why HE thinks who should start.  We will need discipline going forward, which comes from coaching.  I support his decision, he’s the man sitting on the throne, lead us with confidence.

Noland deserves to start based on yesterday's performance. But I expect Doty to get significant playing time. Maybe play each a half?
I don't think that's really Satterfield's style. He's mentioned a few times that he much prefers giving the keys to one guy in a game rather than go QB by committee. I think there will be a clear starter named on Saturday.

I look to hear leadership from the HBC, tell us why HE thinks who should start.  We will need discipline going forward, which comes from coaching.  I support his decision, he’s the man sitting on the throne, lead us with confidence.
I don't think Shane's going to give you much in the way of that. He's going to try to be as objective as possible this week in practice when evaluating who's better and not give anyone a particularly detailed answer before gametime. After the game, I think the tape will speak well enough for itself.

We will see come game time, but I like that every position is up fro grabs, and you have to compete.  

I like the fact that Coach Beamer isn't going to anounce until game time. Keep the opposition guessing and preparing for two different QBs....its all part of the game....Love it !

I think Doty should start, has more game experience in big games. He  also may be the best quarterback for the immediate future.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Luke looks with a new offense/coaches. 

I don't know which way coaches are leaning but I want us to saddle up Doty and ride him. Give him valuable game experience and let him reach his potential so he can lead us against our toughest opponents. Noland seems like a solid backup, which is essential, but he doesn't have Doty's wheels. Look no further than the balding assistant coach on our sidelines, a fellow named Shaw, to be reminded of the value of an elusive running qb.  

I would think Doty since he was named the starter and was out with injury.  I am curious to see how he throws the ball compared to last year.  From what I saw of Doty last year and Noland on Saturday, I would say Noland has the better arm.  Doty earned the starting position so if healthy, he should get the nod.

I don't think Shane's going to give you much in the way of that. He's going to try to be as objective as possible this week in practice when evaluating who's better and not give anyone a particularly detailed answer before gametime. After the game, I think the tape will speak well enough for itself.
Fair enough and sound approach; moreover, he should put his stamp on “his” team as the leader.  Discipline and control is imperative with this young team without a personality.

I think Zeb should start. He earned it and didn’t lose it. Play Doty to get him reps but Zeb should start. Let’s add to his legend!

I think Zeb should start. He earned it and didn’t lose it. Play Doty to get him reps but Zeb should start. Let’s add to his legend!
Right.

I like QBs who win and so does Shane.

Joined the Gamecock squad in late May as a graduate assistant for offense... was activated to the playing roster midway through fall camp, using his final (sixth) year of eligibility... began his collegiate career at Iowa State and later transferred to North Dakota State.

2020 (Redshirt Senior)
Played in seven games, all starts for North Dakota State, as the Bison competed in the spring of 2021 at the FCS level... did not play in the season opener, then was the starter for the next seven contests, posting a 5-2 mark, including wins over No. 22 Illinois State, No. 2 North Dakota and No. 21 Northern Iowa... completed 51-of-100 passes with five touchdowns and six interceptions... also rushed 16 times for 19 yards with a score... led the team with 740 yards of total offense.
https://gamecocksonline.com/sports/football/roster/zeb-noland/8222

Last year's team was awful across the board, but still Doty was 0-3 as a starter.

Let Zeb build a lead then put Doty in instead of Brown, then bring Brown in after Doty protects and/or builds the lead to build depth in the QB room.

Stay with that plan until Zeb hits the wall, if he does.

Nobody, even the coaches and players themselves, really knew how they were going to play until they were in a real game.

Take the time to build some consistency and depth.

Zeb has given up the luxury of being a GA to risk injury as a player.  The starting job is his to lose.

Last edited by a moderator: