Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coleman Hutzler to Texas

Maybe we can get someone who can coach punt coverage (worst I have ever seen)  and I have not been impressed with what he has done at the LB spot either so I hope it gives us a chance to upgrade.  

Yeah, I don’t see this as a much of a loss. I think you could pick any fan at random before the game to coach special teams and get about the same result  

Yeah, I don’t see this as a much of a loss. I think you could pick any fan at random before the game to coach special teams and get about the same result  
So you're saying I should put my name in the hat?

Can you coach players to cover the punt and not the guy waving for the fair catch, if so I would say you are ahead of what we had. 
I dunno. I have had a good bit of experience screaming things like "Keep your eye on the damn ball!" 

Does that count?

Our strategy on punt returns has been to let it hit the ground and take a huge roll.  Do we need a coach for that?

I would love to see Coach Cris Rumph fill the position but he has the title of Co-defensive cord now along with outside LB coach at Tennersea. So that aint happening. 

How about dis one....more gas, less brakes? 
So put the petal to the metal? Put that hammer down and give it hell? Keep the bugs off your glass and the bears off your ass? 

I think that Rod Wilson would be a great choice. He's on the KC Chief staff as Asst Special Teams Coach. He has coached LB at Charleston Southern. He has NFL playing and coaching experience. Why not bring a former GC on board?

Yeah, that's probably why the nationally ranked, bowl winning University of Texas hired him away from SC...because you could pick any one of our fans at random before the game to coach the special teams and get about the same result...wow

Yeah, that's probably why the nationally ranked, bowl winning University of Texas hired him away from SC...because you could pick any one of our fans at random before the game to coach the special teams and get about the same result...wow
The question I have is, were our special teams any good?  Texas was not very good. They finished 8-5 in a fairly weak conference, and won a bowl game after being touted as something great in the preseason.  Yeah, they were better than us, but that’s not saying much.  When we have a coach that LSU, or Alabama, or even Clemson is interested in, then we will be getting somewhere.  Tom Herman can have him, it won’t make us worse.

Nationally ranked? 25th in the AP and not ranked in Coaches? 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Herman is currently on the hot seat as is Muschamp. Not sure this isn't leaping from one frying pan to another. 

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm