Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buster Anderson ?

GCF Staff Support

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
Why did we start him out at TE? I am not complaining that he is a TE or anything. I am just wondering because if you look at him in the games last year to the opposing team you would think he was a WR. TIA.

Why did we start him out at TE? I am not complaining that he is a TE or anything. I am just wondering because if you look at him in the games last year to the opposing team you would think he was a WR. TIA.
81 Buster Anderson | 6-5, 218 He is a kind of a hybrid TE/WR. Very few TE's can run WR routes and having one that can run them from the TE position is a huge threat; most TE's only run short routes while Buster would be able to run any WR route including going deep. Reminds me of the TE that played for Atlanta Falcons (still might but has to be getting old now), Alge Crumpler. Crumpler was a bigger TE that could run any WR route (gracefully too) and they would send him deep a lot and the S or LB was no match-up for him.

Buster needs to put some weight on his frame and he has said so himself. He will be a TE that will be flexed out a lot in our system (used like a WR). Once he puts some weight on his frame he will be crazy good.

Crazy thing is, we have 2 TE's capable of running like a WR. The other one being Jerell Adams. In the couple of practices so far J. Adams has run routes straight through the middle of the defense and caught the ball and scored several TD's. The LB's can't match up with him and the S has no chance what-so-ever.

Last edited by a moderator: