Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bell family tweets out, problems, Beamer has to listen to the voices

Beamer needs to get our best players involved and make a lot of other tough decisions but he absolutely doesn’t need to listen to posts from players or their families. Social media is the last place he needs to look for solutions.

Agree not a good look. Makes you wonder with the post-game commits by Rattler is this a communication issue, players trying to be heard? Did the coaches ignore the voices behind closed doors and no answer so they throw it out to the public? This stuff does not reflect well. When Lloyd and another back went to the coaches to ask to get the ball in their hands. Just seems odd you know.

Maybe, just maybe, Bell should improve enough so that he can play in all packages, and not be limited to packages where he doesn't have to block.

Although, admittedly, I'm baffled about the limited touches Lloyd, Bell, Stogner and Vann have seen at times this year. I know, based on the post-game comments by CSB, there were multiple times when runs were called and Rattler threw those quick sidline passes that went no where. At some point, you need to take the read option out of the QB's hands and have them run the actual play called -- especially, if the read is not correct or not gaining yards.

Call a play, line up, and out-execute a defense. Stop reacting to what the defense is showing you (because they are shifting late into another coverage), and make the defense react to what you are executing. Simply win your assignment, over and over again.

Agree not a good look. Makes you wonder with the post-game commits by Rattler is this a communication issue, players trying to be heard? Did the coaches ignore the voices behind closed doors and no answer so they throw it out to the public? This stuff does not reflect well. When Lloyd and another back went to the coaches to ask to get the ball in their hands. Just seems odd you know.
Yep.

Social media has given assistant coaches a spotlight they've never had before; great for recruiting, but bad for stuff like this.

How quick things turn from a winning streak and historic first time win over a program, riding high, to losing the fans and locker room, that cancer tree is growing roots now... Congrats, good luck and hope that grass is greener... It's not like we still have important games left on the schedule but blow it up in the media and public eye now, BRILLIANT, I'm sure this will make us better one day...

wow...another mother turns to twitter so I am sure this will end well for her son

While she may have a point, she is not at practice everyday watching effort/talent etc...I have to assume that the coaches are doing what they can to create the opportunities to win but at the end of the day you win as a team and lose as a team

My thinking is that it may or may not be Beamer/Satt and could rest squarely on the shoulders of Rattler

During the aTm game, the espn guys laid it all out on Bell. He can't block so they only put him on the field when he's going to get the ball. Ofcourse, everybody knows that so it's hard to get him touches.

I think so often coaches take a lot of crap from fans because they can't just say "Well, he sucks at 70% of what we need him to do". We aren't as talented as we need to be and we definitely don't have the experienced coaches on the offensive side of the ball to make the adjustments. Spurrier was honest at times. He'd say that we had to "simplify the playbook" because we aren't smart enough to run the plays we want to run. I believe that's where we are. I mean, how else to do explain a delay of game or taking a timeout coming out of a TV break? It's too complicated.