Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aiken figures to land more big-time offers in the weeks ahead

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Aiken figures to land more big-time offers in the weeks ahead

STRECRUITING / December 3, 2020 

dj-aiken.png
Bluffton DE DJ Aiken

2022 Bluffton DE DJ Aiken (6-5 265) was limited to just five games this season due to games lost to the pandemic. . Still, he said he managed 10 sacks and 5 tackles for loss. His offer list includes Florida State, Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Coastal Carolina and Liberty. Clemson and USC are involved to the point they have been talking with him and his coach, but the offers haves not yet come from the two in-state Power 5 programs.

“Most of the Clemson coaches are following me on Twitter and I’ve been talking to the defensive coordinator there,” Aiken said.  “At South Carolina, it’s mostly the recruiting guy, and coach Kyle Krantz has been following me.  My head coach has been telling me stuff about them being interested in me and all that.”

Aiken is happy with the offers he has at this point, but he’s expecting more in the coming months, and would love to have the option of considering offers from the Tigers and Gamecocks.

“It would be cool to stay in state close to where I live,” Aiken said. “Half my family are Gamecock fans, so I’ve been mostly a Gamecock fan.  My dad’s side are huge Clemson fans.”

Aiken said thus far he’s gottn a simple, straight-forward message from the Clemson and USC recruiters.

“They like my film, they are interested in me, they like how I play,” Aiken said.  “The rest they told my head coach.”

Aiken said he has taken virtual visits with Kentucky and East Carolina. He doesn’t have any favorites at this point and wants to make his decision before his senior season.

Aiken is rated a three-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He’s ranked as the #31 strongside defensive end nationally in his class and the #11 prospect in South Carolina.