Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 defense

I think we will be fine it will help we play at home for AM and UGA we can get the crowd into it and both will be breaking in QBs. I think we will be solid against the run since most of returners are up the middle may struggle against the pass as we break in new corners and Ends.

The good news is the SEC lost a lot of talent at QB. You could make an argument that Nick Marshall and Shane Cerwin are the best two QBs we face next year. Maybe the Mauk kid from Mizzou.

Every single team in the East will be breaking in a new QB with the exception of Kentucky and Florida. And Driskell is coming off major surgery. Us, mizzou and Uga all have experienced back ups that have some starting experience. Tenn, Vandy will be either starting a failed former starter or a fresh face. Kentucky could very well turn to a true freshman and take their licks to get him experienced.

Overall if we had to pick a year to break in freshman Corners and a new pass rush we may have picked a good year.

I was worried about the offense last year this time, especially the running game.  With Ward as the Head DC I am worried that Clowney's loss might expose whatever lack of experience he has.  I am not totally sold on his coaching, however Spurrier keeps making a believer out of me every season...

Forgive me for being honest, but Defense might be our weakness along with Special Teams this upcoming season.  Luckily for us, A&M is coming here to Columbia, and they don't have a defense either.

Let me go on record and say I think we'll be just as good as this year.

The defense will continue to anchor the team, while Heisman hopeful Mike Davis grounds and pounds away at the running game.

Success, continued.