Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#15 USC MBB vs. Vandy Discussion and Predictions Thread

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
Here are the numbers for the Vandy game.

USC Regular Season (2-7-2024) (23 games played) (20-3 Overall Record)

PossessionsPoints Per PossessionPossession Efficiency Margin
StatsUSCOpponentsUSCOpponentsUSCOpponentsUSC
FGA13251289330231470.5050.4690.036
OR263211
TO240235
FTA421386
Points Scored16671475
Pts Scored/Game7264

VAN Regular Season (2-7-2024) 22 Games Played) (6-16 Overall Record)

PossessionsPoints Per PossessionPossession Efficiency Margin
StatsVANOpponentsVANOpponentsVANOpponentsVAN
FGA12751284345631520.4260.514-0.089
OR238214
TO239239
FTA459388
Points Scored14711621
Pts Scored/Game6774

The numbers say Vandy is just as bad as we are good. They cannot shoot or defend well enough to win most of their games.

I seriously doubt they have any hot shooting Gs to screw up my spread this time.

Planet Nerf Prediction: USC wins 74-64

Straight up, we have been so dang consistent for so long, that it's almost a waste of time to look at the numbers going into any game.

Not a bad problem to have at all.

I love the makeup of our team, the parts just fit. The 3 bigs with their various skills just work. Lamont got a question i think in the last presser on how Stute has handled coming off the bench and whats the decision that goes into that, and he responded that "he's a professional". Guys are all out there for the team. The offense/defense complimentary pieces like Stute and Davis with guys team wide who just generally make good decisions on both sides of the court while giving supreme effort.

Mack is really struggling shooting the ball in sec play. I still think he needs to let it fly for spacing purposes. Eventually the shots will start to drop again and it will open up so much for him and the team. Right now hes struggling finishing inside too though he is doing a good job of drawing fouls on opposing bigs. Incredible numbers from CMB, in sec play leading us in steals, blocks, rebounds, while having a positive ast/to ratio. You dont see many guys having that level of impact in every area of defense while also being a good decision maker and passer on offense, let alone as a freshman.

Tied for 1st in the sec. Tied for 3rd best record in the nation amongst ranked teams.

I really expect us to score a season high in the Vandy Game. They don't have a D to slow us down much.
I also expect to see the bench play a whole lot in this game. Lamont will want his core well rested for the Auburn game.

BJ, Ta'Lon, and Meechie all seem to have a sense for when they need to penetrate the paint to score/draw contact like Sindarius did.

The small Gs we had after Sin who weren't as tall as him tried but they would either get clotheslined or cleanly rejected.

So we have multiple weapons this time around.

Here's this weekend's SEC games:

DATEAWAYHOMEGAME INFO
2/10 - 12:00 PM ET(16) AlabamaLSUESPN
2/10 - 1:00 PM ETVanderbilt(15) South CarolinaSEC Network
2/10 - 3:30 PM ET(12) AuburnFloridaSEC Network
2/10 - 4:00 PM ETGonzaga(17) KentuckyCBS
2/10 - 6:00 PM ETGeorgiaArkansasSEC Network
2/10 - 8:00 PM ET(6) TennesseeTexas A&MESPN
2/10 - 8:30 PM ETMississippi StMissouriSEC Network

An Auburn loss would be good for our cause.

I think we see a complete half or game with shots falling from multiple players in this one. It just feels like we are due another game that 5 to 6 players score in double figures with one or two having a big night, I'm looking at you CMB. CMB gets the green light to shoot from 15' and opens up the floor for everyone in a high low setting, looking at you Big Josh. This allows Meechie and Cooper to orchestrate the floor for back door cuts, open corner 3's and drives to the basket for Wright and Davis. I think Paris has been waiting to let CMB run the high low from the FT on a more consistent basis, we have seen it in set plays but I think him and Mack both are ready for that to be a staple in our offense with big Josh asserting himself lately. I think we win by 30 based on us having great defense and them not so good defense but I'll take a win by 1 and be very happy!

Coach Paris with some great coaching at half to put CMB in the low and Mack and Gray in the high to create the mismatches in the high low action
He also hedged higher on defense to allow the help a little extra time to stop those layups they were getting in the first half when the weak side help was just a step slow. They still dunked on us a few times but the little gaurd was minimized in the 2nd as he pushed the defense out passed the 3 point line

I saw Paris trying some different things today. He is always getting this team better. They are going to be ready to play physical in Auburn. We should be underdogs again. I just feel another upset is on the way.

I saw Paris trying some different things today. He is always getting this team better. They are going to be ready to play physical in Auburn. We should be underdogs again. I just feel another upset is on the way.
If we are not underdogs, we just need to play our game.

I used to like to listen to Coach Martin's pressers. I thought he was thoughtful and never shied away from answering questions. I believe I like listening to Coach Paris' pressers even more. He is very articulate and explains his statements and answers extremely well. He comes across as a great teacher...and it appears that his team is also listening and benefiting.

Coach Paris's team as a whole seem to always be team first since he sat GG... It was a pivotal moment in his coaching culture here imo they have been different since, to include the pressers.
I will say winning makes everything better...