Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*** #1 USC WBB (9-0/21-0) vs. Mizzou (2-7/11-11) Game Thread ***

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

The Missouri Series
The Gamecocks are 10-4 all-time against the Tigers, including a 9-4 record since Mizzou joined the SEC in 2012-13, with all four losses coming on the road.

In the first meeting earlier this season, South Carolina used a dominant second quarter to push out a 13-point halftime lead and didn’t look back in its 81-57 victory. Five Gamecocks scored in double figures, led by Bree Hall’s 21 points on 8-of-10 shooting.

• The Gamecocks are without National Player of the Year candidate Kamilla Cardoso for tonight’s game. She is one of three current or former Gamecocks with their national teams at Olympic Qualifying Tournaments this week. Cardoso (Brazil) is playing in her home country; Laeticia Amihere (Canada) is in Hungary; and Aliyah Boston (USA) is in Belgium.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2dhbWVjb2Nrc29ubGluZS1jb20vMjAyNC8wMS8yY2IzYzljMC1qb2huc29udF8yNDAxMDdfMDY4X3dlYi5qcGc.png

(Photo courtesy South Carolina Athletics)

A really solid effort against MO, especially without Cardoso. However, UCONN is not MO -- this will be a huge test for this young team. I'm really looking forward to watching this game. Auriemma's teams are some of the most efficient, well-executing teams in the game. I think our ladies have the talent to compete, we will see if they have the maturity to focus for 40 minutes (although I'd love for the Gamecocks to have put the game out of reach by halftime).