Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did we learn yesterday?

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
  • The Gamecocks' win against Kentucky was legit. Miss St held almost 20 points below their average. The Gamecocks put up 24 in itself is pretty impressive. I'm not sure Levis would have been enough to beat us.
  • Tennessee's offense is scary good. What concerns me the most is how effectively they run the football. I think we're gonna have to find a way to just make it an ugly game somehow. We most definitely need to limit their possession by running the football and sustaining drives. I just don't see us winning in a shootout. We'll see where we are offensively by then.
  • I know they played UGA, but could only must 150 total yards (we eclipsed 300 with a TD). Maybe Vandy coming back down to earth a little bit?
  • Florida - Make Richardson beat you with his arm. Gotta figure out how to contain him in the running game. I think Lloyd could also have a big game.

• The Gamecocks' win against Kentucky was legit. Miss St held almost 20 points below their average. The Gamecocks put up 24 in itself is pretty impressive. I'm not sure Levis would have been enough to beat us.
  • Tennessee's offense is scary good. What concerns me the most is how effectively they run the football. I think we're gonna have to find a way to just make it an ugly game somehow. We most definitely need to limit their possession by running the football and sustaining drives. I just don't see us winning in a shootout. We'll see where we are offensively by then.
  • I know they played UGA, but could only must 150 total yards (we eclipsed 300 with a TD). Maybe Vandy coming back down to earth a little bit?
  • Florida - Make Richardson beat you with his arm. Gotta figure out how to contain him in the running game. I think Lloyd could also have a big game.
Yes, it was. The biggest question for us is can we consistently maintain the same level of play from here on out.

The Vols can be beaten with balance, if we can achieve that by the time we have to play them.

Beating an Aggie team that hung tough with Bama will probably get us ranked for the first time in a very long time if we can pull it off.

Jimbo seems to be having a season similar to what happened to Spurrier back in 2014, although no defense on this earth can be as bad as Ward's back then.

The Jacksonville State Gamecocks are (2-0/6-1) and currently lead the Atlantic Sun Conference. We have them on the 2023 schedule BTW.

DATEOPPONENTRESULTW-L (CONF)
Sat, Aug 27vsStephen F. AustinW42-171-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sep 3vsDavidsonW35-172-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sep 10@Murray StateW34-33-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sep 17@TulsaL54-173-1 (0-0)
Sat, Sep 24@NichollsW52-214-1 (0-0)
Sat, Oct 1vsKennesaw StateW35-28 OT5-1 (1-0)
Sat, Oct 15vsNorth AlabamaW47-316-1 (2-0)

Could this be The Year of the Cock? LOL