Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best special teams season of all time?

crowcutta

Fanatics Cash
maybe, maybe not because i dont have all time data in front of me but from an analytics/efficiency perspective it would have to be up there. espn gave us a 82.3 rating on their special teams efficiency scale, no.1 in the nation with only one other group of 5 team over 70 with nc state at 73.4. since 2005 other than the 2020 covid season only one other power 5 team has had at least an 80 rating, fsu in 2011 with 80.2

footballoutsiders also has our special teams rated no.1 with a 1.58 in their Special teams Fremeau Efficiency Index ratings (STR). next closest power 5 team this season was miss state with a .87 for 4th in the nation and then notre dame with .86 for 5th. their ratings go back to 2007, our 1.58 rating is the highest on record. what also makes our special teams great is there are no weak links. kre/pre are scoring value gained/lost for returns, ke/pe are scoring value gained/lost for opp returns, fge/ofg scoring value gained lost per fg attempt.
kre 30th
ke 37th
pre 3rd
pe 1st
fge 2nd
ofg 15th

i dont even know if they calculate fakes.

Last edited:
And yet no post-season finalist nominations for Kroeger or Lembo. Again, I ask how is that possible?