Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diet time again

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
Been having issues with my BP being high but not just after football games, lol.
I am just overweight. I weigh 275 and even at 6'3" that is obese.
Back in Sept. 2012 I weighed about that much. I started jogging and bought a road bike to exercise. Then the Augusta Ironman bikes went right by my church. Some of those guys looked bigger than me. I decided I wanted to do an Ironman. I found out really quick that you don't just go do one. 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, followed by a 13.1 mile run just for a Half-Ironman. So instead, I decided to train for a triathlon. I also started using Orlistat weight loss medicine and went on a low-fat diet. By the following April I was down to 205# and completed a Tri down in Mt. Pleasant. After that I entered several runs and other Tri's. Well in 2015 I actually did the Augusta Ironman. It took me 5-1/2 hours to do the 70.3 miles but I finished it at 51 years old. I call that a win. In 2018 I was back about 230 but I actually did a full marathon, 26.2 miles. After doing that, I was totally wore out and quit all exercise. Well now I have put all that weight back on.

Well in May there is a Tri on Lake Murray at Dreher Island state park. So, I decided to start training now and start using the Orlistat again. I started the low-fat diet again Monday, and yesterday big Ol fat me actually ran a whole mile without stopping. Hope I don't kill myself this time.