LSU offers 96 million to Riley

Swayin

East Tennessee State upset Vandy 23-3 this weekend.

Linebacker Stephen Scott returned a fumble 27 yards for a touchdown, and East Tennessee State upset Vanderbilt 23-3 Saturday night to ruin the head coaching debut of Clark Lea at his alma mater.

The Buccaneers also became the sixth FCS team to beat a FBS team to open this season and third of the day joining Holy Cross and Montana, which stunned No. 20 Washington. The victory was ETSU's first over a Power Five program since upsetting North Carolina State on Nov. 7, 1987.

"It's a great win for us, it's a great win for those kids," ETSU coach Randy Sanders said. "Every time you go out there, every time you go on the field, you're making a memory. It's either a good one or a bad one, and I think tonight we made a memory that is going to be a good one for a long, long, long time."

Scott said, "It's a wonderful feeling."

Vanderbilt became the first Southeastern Conference program to lose to a FCS program since South Carolina lost to Citadel on Nov. 21, 2015.

Lea left a job as defensive coordinator at Notre Dame to take over the challenge of rebuilding the program where he once played fullback. Instead, he joins the man he replaced in Derek Mason losing his debut. Vandy also extended an 11-game skid that started a game after ETSU last visited Nashville in November 2019.

https://www.secsports.com/article/32155225/etsu-spoils-vandy-coach-debut-upset

Should we add Clark Lea to that list by the end of this season?  LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingofnerf said:

East Tennessee State upset Vandy 23-3 this weekend.

https://www.secsports.com/article/32155225/etsu-spoils-vandy-coach-debut-upset

Should we add Clark Lea to that list by the end of this season?  LOL

Yeah, that was not the "hey, look at our new coach" vibe they wanted to show off, lol

8 hours ago, markymark550 said:

It feels like Helton has been on the verge of getting fired the week after he took the job. I really thought he was going to be canned after the 2018 season.

Clearly their AD took a lesson from Ray and figured, if I'm going to do it, let me get the pick of the litter as early as possible.

• 1 month later...