Jump to content

Gruesome reality


Recommended Posts

If we can't improve our play, especially on offense, not only will our ineptitude override the "chance to play early" selling point for recruits, but we will begin to lose our best players to the portal. Should those two things occur, we will not be improving at the foundational level of the team, and won't be able to climb out of this pit we have have dug for ourselves. We will, essentially, be stuck in a fail cycle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coaches have to figure out how to make this team competitive.  If we continue with penalties, sloppy, undisciplined play, I agree recruiting will be hard and the portal will be a problem not an asset for us.  I have not heard anything, but I will be surprised if a player like Lloyd sticks around as well as others.  I hope after the bye week, our coaching staff can get a more disciplined team on the field.  If not, I fear for the portal season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are correct, however, I think it will take a bit of time for that to occur.  I am banking on the fact that Beamer will have the ship headed in the right direction before that happens.  However, I can't really blame penalties on the coaches.  Any coach, regardless of how bad he is, isn't going to encourage players to get penalized.  That falls firmly on player's shoulders.  Playcalling is coaching, but execution is players. We have years of undisciplined Muschamp training to weed out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coaches will need to evaluate recruits, jucos, transfers, better because we're gonna need to hit on some diamonds in the rough so to speak some of the lower rated players.  Can't win the recruiting wars so our staff is gonna have to outwork some folks.  Maybe even change that "welcome home" to "stop by for a while" and work that portal.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, gamecock88 said:

Coaches will need to evaluate recruits, jucos, transfers, better because we're gonna need to hit on some diamonds in the rough so to speak some of the lower rated players.  Can't win the recruiting wars so our staff is gonna have to outwork some folks.  Maybe even change that "welcome home" to "stop by for a while" and work that portal.

:animated-smileys-laughing-041:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gamecock88 said:

Coaches will need to evaluate recruits, jucos, transfers, better because we're gonna need to hit on some diamonds in the rough so to speak some of the lower rated players.  Can't win the recruiting wars so our staff is gonna have to outwork some folks.  Maybe even change that "welcome home" to "stop by for a while" and work that portal.

Well said, we're going to have to exploit every avenue we can.  Find the guys under the radar for now till we get to the next level.  Juco's, portal, 3 stars whatever.  Need to maintain some consistency on the coaching staff also.  That's Beamers job to get them to excell.  He has to REALLY get envolved with every aspect of this program, dive into everything.   I hope he's up to the task.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Cockyandproud said:

You are correct, however, I think it will take a bit of time for that to occur.  I am banking on the fact that Beamer will have the ship headed in the right direction before that happens.  However, I can't really blame penalties on the coaches.  Any coach, regardless of how bad he is, isn't going to encourage players to get penalized.  That falls firmly on player's shoulders.  Playcalling is coaching, but execution is players. We have years of undisciplined Muschamp training to weed out.

I agree to some extent but in the end it is good coaching that leads to good execution and vice versa. I also think that when a team executes and doesn’t kill itself with sloppy play, there’s a reason they are referred to as being “well coached.” Sadly I fear the opposite is the case here, especially with our offense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Swayin said:

If we can't improve our play, especially on offense, not only will our ineptitude override the "chance to play early" selling point for recruits, but we will begin to lose our best players to the portal. Should those two things occur, we will not be improving at the foundational level of the team, and won't be able to climb out of this pit we have have dug for ourselves. We will, essentially, be stuck in a fail cycle.

Well you are just a ray of sunshine. 

AS Lou used to say. Things are never as good as they seem, and things are never as bad as they seem.  The same applies here. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Well you are just a ray of sunshine. 

AS Lou used to say. Things are never as good as they seem, and things are never as bad as they seem.  The same applies here. 

Sorry for being the black cloud - but yes, improve on offense, maybe snag one more win this season, on the whole be more competitive, and I don't think the above applies. Ride the fail train hard to end the season and it could be ugly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This the time of the year when I turn away from football and start going to the basketball games.  It's a overcast blustery fall day and I'm listening to a little mood music while straightening up the house a little.

It's just football.  I think we still have two more wins in us to get bowl eligible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2021 at 12:12 PM, kingofnerf said:

This the time of the year when I turn away from football and start going to the basketball games.  It's a overcast blustery fall day and I'm listening to a little mood music while straightening up the house a little.

It's just football.  I think we still have two more wins in us to get bowl eligible.

I sure hope you're right! 2 wins would be awesome.  I'm hoping for one more, and,  then, we'll see!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...