Counting down to 2021 Duke's Mayo Bowl

South Carolina Football Schedule South Carolina Gamecocks' vs. North Carolina Tar heels North Carolina Football Schedule

The countdown has finished!

GO COCKS WIN!!

Coach Beamer on lack of fans in the stands

“I appreciate the fans that were there,” Beamer said after the game. “They were loud, and the Cockpit was rocking down there in the end zone. We appreciate those guys.”

Indeed, the Cockpit student section was mostly packed Saturday, but other parts of the stadium  notably the upper decks  featured their share of empty bleachers.

Beamer offered a nudge to anyone who had a ticket but opted to stay home instead. Saturday’s announced attendance was 60,686 in a stadium with a capacity of 77,559.

“Going forward if you’re a season-ticket holder or if you’re somebody that has tickets to a game and you’re not going to come, please get those tickets to somebody else,” he pleaded. “There’s a bunch of great Gamecocks out there that would love to be in the stadium. Let me know and we’ll put it on social media and get some tickets given away, because we’ve got some great fans and we need every single one of them out there.”

The irony is that crowd the would probably have been a lot lighter for an OOC game if the team was better than it is now because there wouldn't have been much of a game to watch because it would have been so one-sided in our favor.

I think his comments were more about the program needing revenue to make up for what it lost last year due to Covid.  On its own, each game that is close to sell-out capacity certainly helps.  I believe trying to escape cabin fever will bring more fans in this year than normal, too, if we don't have a good season.

Other than that, just win, baby.

xbvNJOAF.jpg

Beamer needs to understand: 

1) Put a better product on the field and the fans will come.

2) Take care of the stupid penalties and the fans will come

3) Teach your O Line to block some one (anyone) and the fans will come.

4) Teach your players not to spike the ball before they get to the end zone and the fans will come.

5) Teach your players not to taunt (when you are behind on the scoreboard) and the fans will come.

In other words Beamer has enough to worry about with this team, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FANS.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cockybusiness said:

4) Teach your players not to spike the ball before they get to the end zone and the fans will come.

5) Teach your players not to taunt (when you are behind on the scoreboard) and the fans will come.

In other words Beamer has enough to worry about with this team, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FANS.

Agree

Don't forget win against the OOC you should and SEC teams and the fans will come.

35 minutes ago, Cockybusiness said:

samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif

• Like 1

Not confident that there will be that many for the Vanderbilt game either.  I will be there but I understand why some don't want to spend the money and time with the current product.  If we can play better, that would bring out more for some of the better games.  Miss the old days of a packed and crazy WB!!

• Like 1

It's a combination of Covid and lack of exciting team.   We had circled the ECU game this year as soon as it was schedule for us to attend. My wife is an ECU grad and it's close to Raleigh. But did not go because of Covid. And game like Troy would have been perfect for me to come in from out of town and bring the kids to. But with an unvaxxed kid, not way I'm going into a crowded stadium.

It is what it is. But with an improved performing team, and (hopefully) covid levels dropping, the stadium will fill up more.