POLL TIME: Tennessee opens as a 12-point favorite over the Gamecocks. To high to low? Who wins?

Tennessee opens as a 12-point favorite over the Gamecocks. To high to low? Who wins?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Gamecocks beat the point spread and even win the game outright?

• Yes
    • Lose but beat the spread
    • Lose and do not beat the spread

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2021 at 02:00 PM

POLL TIME: Tennessee opens as a 12-point favorite over the Gamecocks. To high to low? Who wins?

Can the Gamecocks beat the spread or  out right win in Knoxville Saturday, I say yes. How you say? Like that it is a noon game, to me it plays in favor for the Gamecocks. Day games seem to be not as crazy with fans. Seem to tone down little. Also it is time for the offense to get down and dirty and play better ball. We shell see.  lets take a vote and see your side of how the game will player out. 

Mizzou is a fractured team right now, so I don't think the Vols' margin of victory against them means that much.

Realistically, I think the odds are about right, but I still think the "lights finally come on" game can happen any time now.

So I voted for the win.

• Like 1

I’m going to wait until Thursday to make my prediction, I don’t know what could happen this week that could change my mind. I feel as though our players are not well coached and not progressing very well. Even the defense is giving up too many rushing yards and 3rd down conversions. Tennessee can and will run the football next Saturday. With that said, our defense is in a better place than our offense. I just wonder what Mike Bobo and Wofford was drawing up last year that allowed us to run block so effectively. It makes sense to me to at least consider some of that strategy, try it on a single drive. Heck we continue to run up the middle multiple times with very little success. I’m done for now…I’ll be over it by late Thursday night.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:32 PM, Traveling Man said:

I’m going to wait until Thursday to make my prediction, I don’t know what could happen this week that could change my mind. I feel as though our players are not well coached and not progressing very well. Even the defense is giving up too many rushing yards and 3rd down conversions. Tennessee can and will run the football next Saturday. With that said, our defense is in a better place than our offense. I just wonder what Mike Bobo and Wofford was drawing up last year that allowed us to run block so effectively. It makes sense to me to at least consider some of that strategy, try it on a single drive. Heck we continue to run up the middle multiple times with very little success. I’m done for now…I’ll be over it by late Thursday night.

Heupel has the UT program on a faster rebuild pace than we are based on a talent advantage.  They will cover the spread.   There O looked, well better than ours.  QB better and more of a threat.  Running game yes.   We need a team effort we haven't seen to be close here..  We shall see.  Unfortunately I see it UT 45 Carolina 20.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 4:32 PM, Traveling Man said:

I think a large part of the run problems is that neither Harris nor Marshawn are in game form.  Both are still recovering from injuries, missed fall practice reps -- which is really hurting timing and vision. Now I have no idea why Z didn't get any carries against Troy.

• Like 1