Paul Finebaum: Dabo's a lousy loser. They're done. Goodbye, Clemson.

My personal fave of the doomsday threads on Taternet so far:

And let’s demand accountability. But let’s remember why we have the expectations we have. It’s because Dabo has led us to the mountaintop and we like it. That in no way implies we deserve it. Life is full of uncertainty. And all good things come to an end. So enough with the wanting to fire the coaching staff. And enough with singling out individual players by name and ranting on them. At their age, most of us were almost entirely useless. Show some appreciation for their efforts. Consider how difficult their lives must be right now. How’d you like to be attending practices this week? And be honest; they don’t know how to fix it. So they keep working and keep sweating and keep studying hoping against hope they can turn it around.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/thread/whats-rich-to-me…-2097388?tstart=0

You just can't make this stuff up, man.  LOL

I think we all remember the Clemson game (2019 I think it was) up there where the Tater fans arrogantly came on the field with plenty of time left on the clock as Jake was leading us down for a probable score that would have made the loss a lot more respectable for us.

People want to watch the downfall of Dabo and Clemson just like they wanted to watch Spurrier's downfall here.

The ACC Network subscriptions will probably spike a good bit this season too.

Got no sympathy for the Taters this season.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 11:13 AM, kingofnerf said:

I think we all remember the Clemson game (2019 I think it was) up there where the Tater fans arrogantly came on the field with plenty of time left on the clock as Jake was leading us down for a probable score that would have made the loss a lot more respectable for us.

People want to watch the downfall of Dabo and Clemson just like they wanted to watch Spurrier's downfall here.

The ACC Network subscriptions will probably spike a good bit this season too.

Got no sympathy for the Taters this season.

Or, any season,  for that matter!

We were a 7-point favorite over Troy and beat them 23-14 (9-point margin).

Clemson was a 14.5-point favorite over BC, but only beat them 19-13 (6-point margin).

Offense Tot Yds YPG
Carolina 1632 326.4
Clemson 1620 324.0

Opponents' Offense Tot Yds YPG
Carolina 1523 304.6
Clemson 1532 306.4

Scoring (pts) Carolina Opponents
  112 87

Clemson Opponents
  106 61

These little things may not seem like much, but it will matter in November if we can somehow find a way to get better and Clemson doesn't.

GO COCKS!!

Here's a couple of quotes from Taternet following this weekend:

They have a decent D and we will not run on them
Better have the passing game fixed are it could just be pitiful.

Then there's this one:

We will lose to S.C. because God hates me.

Me during the summer: "I think we will make a run this year, with the defense getting back on track."

GOD: "hold my beer, losses to GA, NC State, and South Carolina in the same season, coming up."

And lastly:

The way it looks like right now UCONN will be a tough game.

There's not a team on the schedule that Clemson can't lose to. Unless we develop some semblance of an offense every game is going to be close.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/thread/scar-is-not-good-but-i-think-that-will-be-a-tough-game-2100024?tstart=0

Shane's been in their heads ever since his "that team in the Upstate" remarks.

Parity's a bitch, ain't it?

On 9/29/2021 at 1:42 PM, scfan2001 said:

Poor Dabo probably rehearsed different rants in the offseason and he's unable to use them this year so far.    Look at the worst college football team in each state right now.

https://twitter.com/BigGameBoomer/status/1442981719926267905/photo/1

who us  The GAMECOCKS, I really believe we have the worst offensive line in the state.  These guys are not SEC players, say all you want too until we forget about Clemson that's all people want to talk about forget them , they do have 3 national titles.  Sorry just the facts S.C. fans most of them all they worry about is Clemson.  

• 2 weeks later...