On 3/29/2021 at 10:01 PM, zcoop said:

Can't even have a real honest conversation on this board either without BS responses. I can go all the way back to Perry Orth (a walk on) to Bentley who did not give us the best opportunity to win and it showed but they were still in the game.

You can play games if you want but that is your choice. This board would be more active if we could have serious discussions.

I don't agree with everything in this post, but there is some truth to it.  In the Muschamp tenure, the best player did not always see the field, in my opinion.  An example of that was Hilinski and Bentley.  When Bentley went down, there was a marked difference in the offense with Hilinski, even with his lack of experience.  Once he got injured, it negated most of that, but everyone was talking about that when it happened.  A lot of the problems have been play calling and lack of making adjustments, and overall complacency by players and coaches, who were here to get a paycheck, or perform for scouts to get a paycheck later.  I truly believe that those problems have been solved with the new coaching staff.  Time will tell.

On 3/29/2021 at 9:01 PM, zcoop said:

Can't even have a real honest conversation on this board either without BS responses. I can go all the way back to Perry Orth (a walk on) to Bentley who did not give us the best opportunity to win and it showed but they were still in the game.

You can play games if you want but that is your choice. This board would be more active if we could have serious discussions.

Wow someone has an inflated ego... So you state the coaches trying to keep 6 and 7 figure jobs did not play who they thought gave them the best chance to win...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, markymark550 said:

I'm still skeptical of how good we can be this upcoming season. However, the more I see from Beamer and his staff, the more optimistic I am about our long term future.

If we win 6 games I'll be pleased as punch. But I think we are climbing back up now, not searching for rock bottom.

5 hours ago, markymark550 said:

I'm still skeptical of how good we can be this upcoming season. However, the more I see from Beamer and his staff, the more optimistic I am about our long term future.

Hell I'll be thrilled if we stop attempting 54 yard FGs when we're 3 TDs behind.

Everyone is obviously coached on what to say in the PG pressers, but losing seasons are tough on everyone emotionally.

The same challenges will be there for us once the season starts, but the players will have a better attitude when it happens.

It's also best to pump people up before hitting them with tough challenges.  The players are happy in the recent videos.

Mind.  Heart.  Grind.

• High Five 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Coach Beamer did not come into a program absent of talent, if the coaches can coach them up and the players react well to Coach Beamer and staff we should have a much improved team. Our interior line on both sides of the ball should, I stress should be SEC caliber across the board with expectations of high end All SEC caliber players by year end on the DL. I really like the size of our interior LB's and DB's but the depth at those positions is my biggest concern for this team. We have a nice stable of RB's that If we play as advertised with a heavy run offense, we could sneak up on the SEC and have a very good year compared to most expectations. I really like the transfers that were brought in to provide some experience and leadership for this young team. The way our fans are all in behind the coach and team fully will go along way in "changing the culture", Coach Tanner did the GAMECOCKS well in hiring a former GAMECOCK imo! I have to admit I was on the fence with this hire but believe Coach Beamer has done all the right things in managing this team from the day he was hired and I will also admit I did not know he was the son of Frank Beamer, the apple does not fall far from the tree!

• High Five 1