• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I looked it up too. Very cool as but never would have gotten it. I bet @Homebrewcock knows, though - he's the biggest Floyd fan I know.

Syd Barrett.  Founding member that left after 1 LP.  He was on 1 song on their 2nd album.  Syd actually showed up in the recording studio when they were making the WYWH album.  Overweight and bald.  T

I knew it, lol

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Swayin said:

hmm ... like a lynx maybe?

there is that lynx (some other name) in africa that jumps like 8-10 feet and catches birds...I don't know the name but saw one once at Disney...I have no clue if it can defy gravity and changes its path in the air

33 minutes ago, Swayin said:

I'm stumped

Yeah - has to be some sort of creature with wings or wing like things. I don't see another way to do it mid -air as your momentum will carry you forward unless you can create drag to change course with wings or something. I am sticking with bats.

19 hours ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Well I am certainly curious as to which animal can defy Newton's First Law of Motion. 

I still find it hard to believe that they can actually change direction without exerting some type of force

16 minutes ago, STS said:

I still find it hard to believe that they can actually change direction without exerting some type of force

4. Cheetahs use their tails as a type of “rudder” while they are running. It helps them steer into the direction they want to go, much like a rudder does for a boat.

16. While sprinting, a cheetah can change direction in midair.

https://mammalfacts.com/cheetah-facts.html

OK, here's one I gleaned from a documentary last night: until the '80s and '90s and the arrival of Madonna, Celine Deion, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Shania Twain and the like, this artist held the record for best selling album by a solo female artist of all time. Extra credit for naming the album.

Just now, Swayin said:

OK, here's one I gleaned from a documentary last night: until the '80s and '90s and the arrival of Madonna, Celine Deion, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Shania Twain and the like, this artist held the record for best selling album by a solo female artist of all time. Extra credit for naming the album.

I really like James Taylor so I am going to guess Carole King (I think she was solo)...as for album titles I have zero clue...I also wondered about Diana Ross (but I guess she had the supremes)...I know Stevie Nicks went solo at some point but not sure how sucessful she was outside Fleetwood Mac

• +1 1
13 minutes ago, STS said:

I really like James Taylor so I am going to guess Carole King (I think she was solo)...as for album titles I have zero clue...I also wondered about Diana Ross (but I guess she had the supremes)...I know Stevie Nicks went solo at some point but not sure how sucessful she was outside Fleetwood Mac

Wow, first guess nails it! Well done!

Carole_King_-_Tapestry.jpg

6 minutes ago, markymark550 said:

Would never have come up with that.

What was the name of the documentary. I'm always looking for a good music doc.

It's actually a super-good series on apple TV called "1971: The Year Music Changed Everything." Fascinating stuff because it's all about the change from the psychedelic '60s into the more cynical, hard-edged '70s scene and how the music of the time, from the Beatles last album and their breakup to the advent of the sing-songwriter (Carole King, Elton John, James Taylor, Joanie Mitchell, et. al.), glam (Marc Bolan, David Bowie), alternative rock (Alice Cooper etc), the focus of soul/R&B on the social ills of thye day (Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On", Curtis Mayfield) and the ability of groups like the Who and the Stones to reinvent themselves with seminal albums. Check out the trailer:

• +1 1
3 minutes ago, Swayin said:

It's actually a super-good series on apple TV called "1971: The Year Music Changed Everything." Fascinating stuff because it's all about the change from the psychedelic '60s into the more cynical, hard-edged '70s scene and how the music of the time, from the Beatles last album and their breakup to the advent of the sing-songwriter (Carole King, Elton John, James Taylor, Joanie Mitchell, et. al.), glam (Marc Bolan, David Bowie), alternative rock (Alice Cooper etc), the focus of soul/R&B on the social ills of thye day (Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On") and the ability of groups like the Who and the Stones to reinvent themselves with seminal albums. Check out the trailer:

That sounds really interesting. Too bad I don't have AppleTV...hopefully it will be available elsewhere in the future.

35 minutes ago, Swayin said:

It's actually a super-good series on apple TV called "1971: The Year Music Changed Everything." Fascinating stuff because it's all about the change from the psychedelic '60s into the more cynical, hard-edged '70s scene and how the music of the time, from the Beatles last album and their breakup to the advent of the sing-songwriter (Carole King, Elton John, James Taylor, Joanie Mitchell, et. al.), glam (Marc Bolan, David Bowie), alternative rock (Alice Cooper etc), the focus of soul/R&B on the social ills of thye day (Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On", Curtis Mayfield) and the ability of groups like the Who and the Stones to reinvent themselves with seminal albums. Check out the trailer:

wow...that looks amazing!  I also don't have apple tv 

44 minutes ago, STS said:

wow...that looks amazing!  I also don't have apple tv 

There is also a fabulous 6-part series on Apple right now that is an interview series where Rick Rubin talks to Paul McCartney about how he put together some of the most iconic songs of all time ... great stuff.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/mccartney-321-review-hulu-documentary-beatles-1234651733/

• +1 1
9 hours ago, Swayin said:

There is also a fabulous 6-part series on Apple right now that is an interview series where Rick Rubin talks to Paul McCartney about how he put together some of the most iconic songs of all time ... great stuff.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/mccartney-321-review-hulu-documentary-beatles-1234651733/

Just watched the first episode. Excellent. 

• High Five 1