Sign in to follow this  
cocky0

Spicy food

So I've been one a spicy kick here recently. While looking for some recipes, I stumbled onto these bad boys:

51N+mL7dNTL._PIbundle-5,TopRight,0,0_AA5

World Market just so happen to have some available, so the wife grabbed some for me yesterday while she was out spending my money. I just polished off a bowl, and man I am impressed. These things are pretty damn good. Like other instant Ramen, they also pack in a lot of sodium, so beware if you are watching that part of your diet.

I'm still trying to figure out where the sodium is in that brand. The nutritional info says 1360mg of sodium per pack. The pack contains the noodles, a sauce packet, and some tiny little thing with sesame seeds and some black rice looking shit in it. I figured it was the sauce packet where all the sodium was, but I then found the sauce sold separately which lists 110mg of sodium per teaspoon, and that is about how much sauce comes with the noodles. So it's either the sesame seed pack or the noodles themselves that contain all the sodium. Honestly I don't think the sesame seed thing did much for the flavor, so maybe leaving that out will cut the sodium down.