Sign in to follow this  
SwampFox

PBS Counsel Resigns...

...over remark Trump supporters children should be put in re-education camps.  PBS is claiming there is no room for that kind of attitude in their agency.

https://thebrunswicknews.com/ap/national/pbs-lawyer-resigns-after-being-caught-in-veritas-sting/article_7c677760-9393-524e-958d-0cb40619d1b4.html

Good, there is no room for narrow-mindedness in any public organization. Taxpayer money means that we should get accurate information, without bias.

The comment is true though, LOL, and he should have included the MAGA parents as well. Hopefully, they will come back to reality if they hear the truth as much as they hear propaganda and lies.

'The lawyer did not speak on behalf of PBS or make any editorial decisions, PBS spokesman Jeremy Gaines said.

“There is no place for hateful rhetoric at PBS, and this individual's views in no way reflect our values or opinions,” he said.'

Sound like he was taken care of.

5 hours ago, Spur's Addiction said:

'The lawyer did not speak on behalf of PBS or make any editorial decisions, PBS spokesman Jeremy Gaines said.

“There is no place for hateful rhetoric at PBS, and this individual's views in no way reflect our values or opinions,” he said.'

Sound like he was taken care of.

Don't worry.  We already know how liberal PBS is.

LOL - he resigned - even though what he said was true. And funny.

Trump is still in office - despite over 25,000 lies - despite non-stop hate speech directed at the Left/minorities/Muslims - despite total corruption - and now, treason and trying to overthrow our democracy. And nothing meant to be funny - Trump famously has no sense of humor. You know what they say - never trust a man that does not drink, or does not have a sense of humor.

You are making a big deal about one - and totally ignoring the other.

But keep on posting on this thread - and showing that you MAGAs are the biggest hypocrites and tools on the planet. It is what you guys are good at, LOL.  

You do have to worry about the children of Trump supporters. Racism and hate is taught, it doesn't come from birth. Children love children of all races/orientations naturally before their parents/influencers teach them racism. It's clear God made us to love one another if you watch children.

-

The comment about it being "great" that red states are seeing a spike in CV cases though is out of line and I'm glad the guy resigned.

Although, republicans don't have any issue with that kind of talk. We see it everywhere, trying to pound their chests over their fellow Americans in NY or Cali dying over the virus. Kob even popped in yesterday for some virus smack talk

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tastylicks said:

You do have to worry about the children of Trump supporters. Racism and hate is taught, it doesn't come from birth. Children love children of all races/orientations naturally before their parents/influencers teach them racism. It's clear God made us to love one another if you watch children.

-

The comment about it being "great" that red states are seeing a spike in CV cases though is out of line and I'm glad the guy resigned.

Although, republicans don't have any issue with that kind of talk. We see it everywhere, trying to pound their chests over their fellow Americans in NY or Cali dying over the virus. Kob even popped in yesterday for some virus smack talk

Well said, Tasty.

Just now, Tastylicks said:

-

while I agree that Racism is taught, racism as you describe it here is certainly not a sole issue with Trumps supporters(unfortunately)...I agree about Kids...it is kind of crazy watching my kids grow and seeing some of the comments of their friends lol...I get all their text messages and it kind of crazy what some of the kids will say but I will say it makes great teaching points!  

As for the virus...there are surges everywhere...while I have no evidence it makes one wonder if the more contagious strain is making the rounds...stay safe TL and get that vaccine when you can!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, STS said:

while I agree that Racism is taught, racism as you describe it here is certainly not a sole issue with Trumps supporters(unfortunately)...I agree about Kids...it is kind of crazy watching my kids grow and seeing some of the comments of their friends lol...I get all their text messages and it kind of crazy what some of the kids will say but I will say it makes great teaching points!  

As for the virus...there are surges everywhere...while I have no evidence it makes one wonder if the more contagious strain is making the rounds...stay safe TL and get that vaccine when you can!  

All you can do is teach your kids to be tolerant - it sounds like you did your job the right way.

We were going to have surges anyway, with the Christmas/New Years festivities following the Thanksgiving bump. I actually HOPE that the mutations are widespread and helping to cause the increases - because if they are just now starting to spread, we are in for a world of hurt. C'mon, vaccines!

10 hours ago, Ledcock said:

Don't worry.  We already know how liberal PBS is.

Actually just about every relevant media study conducted in the last decade shows NPR and PBS as among the most neutral news sources in the country - and the most trusted.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-biased-news-outlets-in-america-cnn-fox-nytimes-2018-8#here-are-the-net-bias-scores-of-news-organizations-from-pbs-news-to-fox-news-18

14 minutes ago, gamecock88 said:

Here's where we all pretend that racism, hate, lies is the sole property of one political party. 

It is not. But it is almost the exclusive purview of Trump and his minions.

And if you do not realize that, you have been doing the old Rip Van Winkle (not Pappy Van Winkle, but maybe you have been doing that too) thing for the last four years.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Swayin said:

Actually just about every relevant media study conducted in the last decade shows NPR and PBS as among the most neutral news sources in the country - and the most trusted.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-biased-news-outlets-in-america-cnn-fox-nytimes-2018-8#here-are-the-net-bias-scores-of-news-organizations-from-pbs-news-to-fox-news-18

The fact that Ledcock sees NPR as a Far Left and inaccurate source says it all. Wherever he gets his information, it should come with a Cult Indoctrination warning label.

Just now, Ace Dilcock said:

It is not. But it is almost the exclusive purview of Trump and his minions.

And if you do not realize that, you have been doing the old Rip Van Winkle (not Pappy Van Winkle, but maybe you have been doing that too) thing for the last four years.

He's bad, no argument there.  Has been bad for the most part from day one but he is open about it so you have to give him that so to speak.  The other party just hides it better in order to pander for votes.  Both sides sicken me.

1 hour ago, gamecock88 said:

He's bad, no argument there.  Has been bad for the most part from day one but he is open about it so you have to give him that so to speak.  The other party just hides it better in order to pander for votes.  Both sides sicken me.

So if the other side "hides it better", how do you know that they are racist?

And if they are racist and make an effort not be overtly racist, why is that sickening? Or equal to the other side, who is overtly racist? Sorry, not much sense there. 

I guess you are also incensed at the widespread voter fraud? Which has been hidden so well that no can find it, LOL. Damn them Libtards.

6 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

So if the other side "hides it better", how do you know that they are racist?

And if they are racist and make an effort not be overtly racist, why is that sickening? Or equal to the other side, who is overtly racist? Sorry, not much sense there. 

I guess you are also incensed at the widespread voter fraud? Which has been hidden so well that no can find it, LOL. Damn them Libtards.

Hiding it better not = to hidden.  They are hiding since they've been collecting those votes for years but things aren't any better for them.  Or are slowly improving.  I'm painting with the same ridiculously broad brush that you do.  If you can't understand my point, let me  simplify.  Hypocrisy.  They pander for the votes but ignore or do little once elected.  Maybe racism is too harsh.  Maybe they're just heartless until they need the votes again.  You argue by deflecting to the voter fraud claims which I don't support nor anyone claiming them.  Never had. 

26 minutes ago, gamecock88 said:

Hiding it better not = to hidden.  They are hiding since they've been collecting those votes for years but things aren't any better for them.  Or are slowly improving.  I'm painting with the same ridiculously broad brush that you do.  If you can't understand my point, let me  simplify.  Hypocrisy.  They pander for the votes but ignore or do little once elected.  Maybe racism is too harsh.  Maybe they're just heartless until they need the votes again.  You argue by deflecting to the voter fraud claims which I don't support nor anyone claiming them.  Never had. 

Libtards may take minorities for granted at times, but they do a hell of a lot more for them than Republicans. That is a FACT - not painting with a broad brush. And they are responding - and will respond even more - to the crap that happened last year. But it is hard to enact major changes when you only control one house of congress - and the Republicans have the Senate, Executive branch and the Supreme Court so they can block everything. That will change on 1/20 (except for the Supreme Court, and even that could change). Criticize the libtards for a lack of change AFTER they get control, and you might have a point.

And yes, racism is too harsh - since you have no earthly idea what they are thinking, and you just said that because of your own political bias. 

Voter fraud is an apt analogy - if the Dems do such a great job of hiding it, maybe it is because they are not doing it? Ya think??? 

And then you do the same thing with racism - you claim it is there, even though it is hidden so well that you can't see it. So how do you know it is there???? 

55 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

Libtards may take minorities for granted at times, but they do a hell of a lot more for them than Republicans. That is a FACT - not painting with a broad brush. And they are responding - and will respond even more - to the crap that happened last year. But it is hard to enact major changes when you only control one house of congress - and the Republicans have the Senate, Executive branch and the Supreme Court so they can block everything. That will change on 1/20 (except for the Supreme Court, and even that could change). Criticize the libtards for a lack of change AFTER they get control, and you might have a point.

And yes, racism is too harsh - since you have no earthly idea what they are thinking, and you just said that because of your own political bias. 

Voter fraud is an apt analogy - if the Dems do such a great job of hiding it, maybe it is because they are not doing it? Ya think??? 

And then you do the same thing with racism - you claim it is there, even though it is hidden so well that you can't see it. So how do you know it is there???? 

No political bias here, other than I assume they're all corrupt.  Never said it was hidden.  Read please, don't just make knee jerk reactions.  They hide it better but not completely.  Trump makes little to no effort.  Other repubs make some efforts.  Dems make more, but clearly the race issues in this country can't be all on the "magas" since they've only been around a few years.  Can't be all on the repubs since they don't always hold power.   Think a political party invented racism??

As for hiding it better, they are but what other reason do you have for not doing more with these career politicians from multiple decades?  What about democrat mayors in dem states where the problems are worse. Are all those problems fixable by the dems so long as the racists get out of the way?  No.  They pander for votes then go about keeping power, not making change that they promised.  Falling back on not having enough control is a tired excuse. Super majorities are rare.  If that's what is needed, then they need to stop lying and promising voters....but they can't do that.  This is the same for both parties. 

27 minutes ago, gamecock88 said:

No political bias here, other than I assume they're all corrupt.  Never said it was hidden.  Read please, don't just make knee jerk reactions.  They hide it better but not completely.  Trump makes little to no effort.  Other repubs make some efforts.  Dems make more, but clearly the race issues in this country can't be all on the "magas" since they've only been around a few years.  Can't be all on the repubs since they don't always hold power.   Think a political party invented racism??

As for hiding it better, they are but what other reason do you have for not doing more with these career politicians from multiple decades?  What about democrat mayors in dem states where the problems are worse. Are all those problems fixable by the dems so long as the racists get out of the way?  No.  They pander for votes then go about keeping power, not making change that they promised.  Falling back on not having enough control is a tired excuse. Super majorities are rare.  If that's what is needed, then they need to stop lying and promising voters....but they can't do that.  This is the same for both parties. 

I read what you posted - if the Dems do a better job of hiding it, maybe it is because most of them are NOT prejudiced and racists? You put the key word in your first sentence - "assume", so you assume that they are really racist, despite a lack of evidence, as you rely on your own biases and opinions.

No different from me saying you are a pedophile - and you are just really good at hiding it, because there is no evidence (I am "assuming" there is no evidence for this example - maybe there is evidence). See how it works?

Dems are not just looking out for minorities - a large number ARE minorities, MUCH higher than the Republicans. Do you think the minorities in the Democratic party are racists too? Do you think the Republicans have fewer minorities for a reason - like maybe they ARE more racist?

Our system is designed so that one party does not have complete control - much legislation requires 60 votes in the Senate, and the president can veto whatever he wants - which then requires 2/3 majority, So changes are slow, in large part, due to the way our democracy works - but your contrarian explanation is that change is slow because Dems are racists. Whatever floats your boat, LOL.

1 minute ago, Ace Dilcock said:

I read what you posted - if the Dems do a better job of hiding it, maybe it is because most of them are NOT prejudiced and racists? You put the key work in your first sentence - "assume", so you assume that they are really racist, despite a lack of evidence, as you rely on your own biases and opinions.

No different from me saying you are a pedophile - and you are just really good at hiding it, because there is no evidence (I am "assuming" there is no evidence for this example - maybe there is evidence). See how it works?

Dems are not just looking out for minorities - a large number ARE minorities, MUCH higher than the Republicans. Do you think the minorities in the Democratic party are racists too? Do you think the Republicans have fewer minorities for a reason - like maybe they ARE more racist?

Our system is designed so that one party does not have complete control - much legislation requires 60 votes in the Senate, and the president can veto whatever he wants - which then requires 3/4 majority, So changes are slow, in large part, due to the way our democracy works - but your contrarian explanation is that change is slow because Dems are racists. Whatever floats your boat, LOL.

Fight the urge to argue and read.  Better at hiding is not = to hidden.  Also, you don't have to make assumptions that because someone doesn't agree with you they're "maga" or some other group.  It's presumptive to make that leap. There's plenty of historical evidence that neither party truly cares about race issues for long, especially after the elections.  Each party continually panders to their base to get votes, promise them change, constantly under deliver or don't at all.  For the most part, the Dems do this to minorities.  All I see from you are rants on one party being so terrible, lumping everyone into one large group and make broad ridiculous statements about them while not looking inward, or at least at everyone.  One group bad, one group good.  Must be nice living in such a narrow world.   

You are splitting hairs - and using whaboutism of the worst kind, to provide an alibi for Republicans. And you still ignore that a large part of the Democratic party are actual minorities.

I never said there was no racism in the Democratic Party - but pretending that they are not any better than the Republicans, and that they just do a better job of hiding it, it where the "assuming" part comes in - big-time. And it is not based on REALITY - Democrats are more inclusive (fact - look how may Dems are minorities) and push pretty much every bill that looks out for minorities. As opposed to, say, making sure that we keep our confederate statues and forts named for lousy confederate generals.

You are using one of the oldest propaganda methods in the book - going with the "they are all the same" broad brush, and basing it on assumptions - largely formed by what you want to believe.

18 hours ago, Swayin said:

I'm not referring to just news.  More of their programs are liberal slighted than anything else.

And by the way I don't think I said anything about them being "far left".  That's just wishful thinking from the far left.

5 hours ago, Ledcock said:

I'm not referring to just news.  More of their programs are liberal slighted than anything else.

And by the way I don't think I said anything about them being "far left".  That's just wishful thinking from the far left.

Yet you get your news from sources that are far right and "Mixed" on accuracy. PBS has only a slight Left lean and is rated as "High" on accuracy.

The cult has gone so far right that Faux News is now being condemned. As the lies and propaganda get more far-fetched, the accuracy of your sources will go from "mixed" to "Straight-up Whacko".

There was no widespread election interference - and that is not disputed. Everything Trump is doing based on his Big Lie, Everything.

4 hours ago, Ledcock said:

My experience is that their actual news is very balanced and neutral. Some of the shows, specifically radio shows feel like they lean towards the left. 

That being said, I grew up listening to car talk and a Prairie Home Companion. 

15 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

My experience is that their actual news is very balanced and neutral. Some of the shows, specifically radio shows feel like they lean towards the left. 

That being said, I grew up listening to car talk and a Prairie Home Companion. 

Car talk was great. But NPR and PBS are different entities.

9 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Car talk was great. But NPR and PBS are different entities.

They are sister companies and both are rated High for accuracy with a slight - repeat, slight - Left lean.

The same people dumping on a reliable and relatively unbiased news source get their news from sources that much more biased and much less accurate.

But even Newsmax had to do a retraction on their totally unsubstantiated story on the Dominion voting machines. And they are still facing legal action.

It is all about the Big Lie - Trump lost in a landslide so he just makes up stuff. And his MAGAs believe him - just like they believe the other 25,000 plus lies - and many are going to go to jail for it.

Just like Jim Jones' cult members drank the poisoned Koolaid.