Sign in to follow this  
STS

2020 Presidential Election Thread

Good luck to all your candidates tonight (and the coming days)...no matter who wins the sun will come up tomorrow!  Will make for good television for a while no matter the outcome

While the presidential election will be contentious I am curious to see the outcome of Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham...locally our congressperson is running on the platform of going to support Trump without any insight to what she will do if he loses...oh yeah, she also spent more than 1.6 million (most of her own $$) for a job that pays what `174K?  

Just now, TKE226 said:

I'll be interested if Kim Klacik comes close or beats Kwasi Mfume (sp) for the congressional spot in MD. Her ads have been posted on this site and endorsed our Pres Trump. 

I have family in all parts of Pa and they are all worried about their votes being counted. 

I have heard that it could take quite a while for votes to be counted in Pennsylvania

I also will be interested to see the final number of votes cast...it is great to see so many people exercising their fundamental right in a free society

1 minute ago, STS said:

I have heard that it could take quite a while for votes to be counted in Pennsylvania

I also will be interested to see the final number of votes cast...it is great to see so many people exercising their fundamental right in a free society

It does appear to be record numbers. Maryland is already above turnout from 4 years ago and that was as of Sunday. 

Just now, Spur's Addiction said:

It's going to be a shit show today. And most likely we won't know who won tonight. I'm thinking of watching something on Netflix or something and only check in on the results later in the evening.

In all honesty I think that is the best thing for everyone's sanity...I assume my phone will blow up with results should it become apparent that a winner emerges...my thinking is that Biden will be the only one with possibility to win tonight...if trump wins I can't see it happening tonight

8 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

The company my wife works for has company cars wrapped in the American flag, they have advised their workers not to drive them this week for their own safety. 

Sad.

Agreed - Sad that Trump has spewed so much rhetoric about voter fraud, has pushed so many law suites to not count ballots, and repeatedly claimed the only way he could loose is if the election is rigged. 

2 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Agreed - Sad that Trump has spewed so much rhetoric about voter fraud, has pushed so many law suites to not count ballots, and repeatedly claimed the only way he could loose is if the election is rigged. 

Thats not their concern...

3 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

That has fueled the concerns for general unrest. On both sides - That plus his comments like stand by and stand ready. 

The unrest is fueled by BLM and Antifa. And it’s not general, it’s very much isolated. 

17 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Yeah as usual the Left is totally blameless and innocent.  You're as much of a joke as Professor Blowhard is. 

6 minutes ago, Tastylicks said:

is it safe to say no matter what happens tonight, and I mean no matter what, trump is going to declare himself the winner?

Probably about as accurate as your "gas will soon be 4 dollars a gallon" prediction or your declaration that you were leaving the board for good.   :animated-smileys-laughing-041:

1 minute ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Probably about as accurate as your "gas will soon be 4 dollars a gallon" prediction or your declaration that you were leaving the board for good.   :animated-smileys-laughing-041:

So you really think donald trump is going to concede tonight?

Come on nazi boy, you know that ain’t gonna happen 

I think it depends on how the states fall...if he loses out on some swing states early and has no path to the white house, he will concede (maybe I am being naive)

Watch North Carolina and Florida...if he gets those then watch rust belt

I think that Trump can't win it today but he certainly can lose it today