Sign in to follow this  
Lalli25

Pope Calls for Civil Union Laws for Same-Sex Couples

It's honestly pretty shameful we have to keep having this discussion. Homosexuality being outlawed is authoritarian and fascist at the highest level. There is not a single logical argument for why it should be illegal or wrong.

There are so many sins or taboos in the bible that we casually gloss over and omit from our current society today simply because it fits our narrative to do as we please. However, as with all hierarchical systems throughout human history, finding a reason to oppress groups of individuals is vital in maintaining that system's legitimacy and power dynamics. That is the sole reason society has chosen to uphold this particular 'the gays are going to hell' value for so long. I'm thankful to have a Pope who desires true prosperity and value for every person, and isn't concerned with maintaining a social hierarchy of who matters and who doesn't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2k15 said:

It's honestly pretty shameful we have to keep having this discussion. Homosexuality being outlawed is authoritarian and fascist at the highest level. There is not a single logical argument for why it should be illegal or wrong.

There are so many sins or taboos in the bible that we casually gloss over and omit from our current society today simply because it fits our narrative to do as we please. However, as with all hierarchical systems throughout human history, finding a reason to oppress groups of individuals is vital in maintaining that system's legitimacy and power dynamics. That is the sole reason society has chosen to uphold this particular 'the gays are going to hell' value for so long. I'm thankful to have a Pope who desires true prosperity and value for every person, and isn't concerned with maintaining a social hierarchy of who matters and who doesn't.

X2. Homosexuals were included with the Jews, Gypsies and others as undesirables by the Nazis, and they were all sent to the concentration camps for the Final Solution.

In fascism, you need to have a bogeyman to blame all of your problems on. Essentially, is the same thing that Trump has done with immigrants, Muslims, Antifa and liberals in general.

Trump and the Nazis even had a bogeyman in common – Communism. 

But only the Nazis disliked Russia.

23 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

X2. Homosexuals were included with the Jews, Gypsies and others as undesirables by the Nazis, and they were all sent to the concentration camps for the Final Solution.

In fascism, you need to have a bogeyman to blame all of your problems on. Essentially, is the same thing that Trump has done with immigrants, Muslims, Antifa and liberals in general.

Trump and the Nazis even had a bogeyman in common – Communism. 

But only the Nazis disliked Russia.

Amazing but you found a completely pointless and unfounded way to bring Trump into this topic.  You’ve got issues. 

24 minutes ago, Lalli25 said:

Amazing but you found a completely pointless and unfounded way to bring Trump into this topic.  You’ve got issues. 

I was responding to a post that discussed homosexuality and oppression - including in our current society. Pay attention dammit.

Or were you not aware the Trump and his MAGA buds are targeting LBGTQ rights? 

And that was a big reason for selecting Amy Coney Barrett as a Supreme Court Justice.

Again - pay attention.

BTW, for three years Amy Coney Barrett was on the board of a private school that did not allow children of same-sex couples as students.

Apparently she was cool with that requirement and did not try to change it.

Too extreme - and hell and gone from what mainstream America believes.

58 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

I was responding to a post that discussed homosexuality and oppression - including in our current society. Pay attention dammit.

Or were you not aware the Trump and his MAGA buds are targeting LBGTQ rights? 

And that was a big reason for selecting Amy Coney Barrett as a Supreme Court Justice.

Again - pay attention.

No he isn’t targeting them or their rights.  You’re just spreading more liberal propaganda.  Not everything is Trump’s fault as much as you blame him. 

Facts, dude. Why did he nominate Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court?

Even if Pope Francis came out in favor of same-sex marriage, Amy Coney Barrett is in a conservative Catholic cult it does not believe that. And she has been involved with a conservative legal organization that is trying to take away those rights.

Open your eyes and be honest with yourself.

1 hour ago, Ace Dilcock said:

Even if Pope Francis came out in favor of same-sex marriage, Amy Coney Barrett is in a conservative Catholic cult it does not believe that. And she has been involved with a conservative legal organization that is trying to take away those rights.

Yeah, I don't think he likes gay people.  He's the one who started the thread. 

9 hours ago, Ace Dilcock said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5605491002

The facts still say your wrong.  Trump is the one pushing for removal of outlawing homosexuality worldwide.  Stop falling for the liberal fear mongering propaganda. 

40 minutes ago, Lalli25 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5605491002

The facts still say your wrong.  Trump is the one pushing for removal of outlawing homosexuality worldwide.  Stop falling for the liberal fear mongering propaganda. 

Like most Libs he's everything he accuses conservatives of.

10 hours ago, Lalli25 said:

No he isn’t targeting them or their rights.  You’re just spreading more liberal propaganda.  Not everything is Trump’s fault as much as you blame him. 

He likely thinks the SCOTUS case wasn't a huge example of legislating from the bench too.  Dude is all over the map.

It's interesting that liberals who cry about the separation of church and state don't have a problem with it when it's something they agree with.

11 hours ago, Ace Dilcock said:

BTW, for three years Amy Coney Barrett was on the board of a private school that did not allow children of same-sex couples as students.

Apparently she was cool with that requirement and did not try to change it.

Too extreme - and hell and gone from what mainstream America believes.

LOL.  Too extreme?  Polls say the majority of people want her confirmed.

It's clear your issue is that you're so far left, you'd label moderates "extreme".  

49 minutes ago, TKE226 said:

So back to the Pope. This isnt new for him, maybe saying it while Pope, but he was in favor of this as a Bishop. I say Kudos to him. 

It’s a big deal from a catholic perspective, because previous teachings has been that support for the issue is to support sin.  I’m not disagreeing with the pope, just giving some of insight from someone brought up in catholic schools. 

58 minutes ago, Lalli25 said:

It’s a big deal from a catholic perspective, because previous teachings has been that support for the issue is to support sin.  I’m not disagreeing with the pope, just giving some of insight from someone brought up in catholic schools. 

I spent 7 years in Catholic schools and am a practicing Catholic. It is a big deal for the Church no doubt , but not new for him is what I was saying. 

5 minutes ago, TKE226 said:

I spent 7 years in Catholic schools and am a practicing Catholic. It is a big deal for the Church no doubt , but not new for him is what I was saying. 

As a non catholic, and I don't mean this in a mean or offensive way... but what leg does the church have to stand on condeming homosexuality when they have proven they will go out of their way to cover up for acts of homosexual abuse towards minors? I've just never understood that.

1 minute ago, carolina_corpsman said:

As a non catholic, and I don't mean this in a mean or offensive way... but what leg does the church have to stand on complaining about homosexuality when they have proven they will go out of their way to cover up for acts of homosexual abuse towards minors. I've just never understood that.

Individuals violating the church rule doesn’t mean the church/faith as a whole is flawed.  It’s like saying a politician mistakes means the country is flawed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

As a non catholic, and I don't mean this in a mean or offensive way... but what leg does the church have to stand on condeming homosexuality when they have proven they will go out of their way to cover up for acts of homosexual abuse towards minors. I've just never understood that.

I will never defend the individuals who committed those acts nor the Church for its coverup. The notion that homosexuality is wrong, which again I do not agree with, comes from a longgggg time ago and has unfortunately continued. Again, not standing up for the Catholic Church, but all religions are full of contradictions based on actions of its members. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lalli25 said:

Individuals violating the church rule doesn’t mean the church/faith as a whole is flawed.  It’s like saying a politician mistakes means the country is flawed. 

But the church as an entity covered it up and made excuses for it. 

Just now, carolina_corpsman said:

But the church as an entity covered it up and made excuses for it. 

Humans covered it up and violated the teachings of the faith.  I’m not justifying the cover up but my point is that it’s human sinful nature that coveted it up rather than follow the teachings of the faith.  

7 minutes ago, TKE226 said:

I will never defend the individuals who committed those acts nor the Church for its coverup. The notion that homosexuality is wrong, which again I do not agree with, comes from a longgggg time ago and has unfortunately continued. Again, not standing up for the Catholic Church, but all religions are full of contradictions. 

This is very true. It's just been something I've never really been able to wrap my head around. Of course my religious upbringing was not standard. 

Also, thanks for the honesty and not being offended.