Sign in to follow this  
kingofnerf

Charlamagne tha God: I understand why black voters are drawn to Trump

“The Breakfast Club” co-host Charlamagne tha God said some young black voters support President Trump because the Republican nominee courts them.

The radio host, who said he is voting for Sen. Kamala Harris instead of Joe Biden, was asked by CNN’s Don Lemon on Tuesday what he and other black voters want from the two candidates.

He said they want to be heard.

“When it comes to black people you see who maybe are showing support for Trump, I think it’s because Trump is actually talking to young black male voters. He’s directing ads toward them. They are a group that never get courted,” he said. “Black people don’t get courted either as a whole. But that old Democratic regime speaks to old black men and they think everybody else in the black community and black families are going to fall in line.”

“Trump is targeting young black males in promos and marketing. It works,” Charlamagne said.

Charlamagne called Harris a “political change agent” who can lead the country into the future, “because I’m gonna be honest with you, Don, I’m just so tired of like old white male leadership in politics.”

The polling site FiveThirtyEight found that young black voters look at Trump differently than the older population of African Americans.

It said that while 35 percent of 18- to 29-year-old black men don’t agree with his policies, they like his strong manner and defiance of the political establishment.

It was in an interview with Charlamagne, whose real name is Larry McKelvey, in May that Biden started a firestorm when he said that African American voters who don’t support him “ain’t black.”

As the interview was concluding, Biden asked the host if he had any more questions and then added: “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

https://nypost.com/2020/10/21/charlamagne-tha-god-i-understand-why-black-voters-are-drawn-to-trump/

It is the old adage "judge me for what I do, not what I say".

After four brutal years for Black males, Trump is now targeting them in ads? 

It won't work - most Black males are smarter than your average MAGA - who are old white males that tend to lack a college degree and are brainwashed by Faux News.

8 minutes ago, LipRipper said:

I bet trump get's around 15-20% of the black vote. AA's are starting to wake up and leave the plantation. 

LOL - 15 to 20% is good? 

No, that is pathetic - and MAGAs using racist language like "leave the  plantation" is the reason for it.

1 minute ago, Lalli25 said:

Currently they get 3-5%, so 3-5x more would be a big change and swing the election possibly. 

Not true - Trump got 6% of the Black vote in 2016, Bush got 11% of the Black vote in 2004. Even if Trump gets a higher percentage in 2020, he is not actually picking up any votes because of the higher turnout - the delta  will be same, or greater.

But Trump's real problem is whites - he beat Hillary by 15% in 2016, and he may actually lose that demographic in 2020, Women and people in the suburbs are swarming to Biden.

He is even losing substantial ground with older whites - but he is working to solve that problem by killing them off with his covid policies.

8 minutes ago, LipRipper said:

It's a metaphor for how racist he dems are. Yes, 20% would be huge. 

So you are a Democrat? Because you are the one using the racist language.

I doubt if Trump gets to 20% - but even that is not near enough. Trump's white base - older whites without college degrees - is disappearing rapidly.

2 minutes ago, LipRipper said:

whites are racist. Trump is a racist. Trump is going to lose white votes. Outstanding logic. 

No, most whites are NOT racist - that is why so many are no longer voting for a racist candidate.

Perfect logic. And if you need proof, it is backed up by polling.

47 minutes ago, LipRipper said:

I bet trump get's around 15-20% of the black vote. AA's are starting to wake up and leave the plantation. 

The same Trump that didn't want black people working on Trump Tower construction?

Trump fired pregnant woman, banned Black people from tower lobby and joked about 'ovens' to Jews, new book claims

https://meaww.com/donald-trump-executive-barbara-res-targets-president-in-tell-all-book-sexist-racist-blacks-pregnant

Barbara Res, who worked for Trump for nearly 20 years, calls out the president's repetitive sexist and racist behavior through various stories in her tell-all book 'Tower of Lies'

This year, President Donald Trump has faced a number of hostile publications. From revelations on professional and personal fronts, the poll-bound president has witnessed attacks pouring in from various people – former aide in the administration to relatives to journalists – and now, one of his long-term executives has come up with sensational claims in yet another book.

Barbara Res, who worked for the businessman-turned-politician for 18 years, has claimed in her book ‘Tower of Lies’ which is due to be released on October 20, that the president had once fired a woman after she fell pregnant and banned Black people from the lobbies of his buildings. He even joked to Jewish businessmen about “the ovens”, it was claimed in the book.

Trump was furious to see Black people in Trump Tower complex

According to Res, Trump once got furious after seeing a Black construction worker building the New York City complex of the Trump Tower and said he did not want “people to think Trump Tower is being built by Black people”. She also claimed that there were several sexist episodes where Trump displayed “contempt” for women. In one case, he did not allow his secretary to attend important meetings because he did not like her looks while in another, he publicly belittled his former wife Ivana. 

According to the Los Angeles Times which has obtained a copy of the bombshell book ahead of its release, the publication “adds to a growing shelf of election-year treaties flaying the president”. The daily also cited Res saying in her account that “bigotry and bias control Donald’s view of the world, even the so-called positive stereotypes, which are just as damaging, like saying the Japanese (whom he seems to despise) are smarter than Americans.” Also revealing Trump’s ill-feeling towards people of color, she said the president was not happy with her after she brought a young Black job aspirant into the lobby of another building. “Barbara, I don’t want Black kids sitting in the lobby where people come to buy million-dollar apartments!” he allegedly told her. 

Trump’s anti-Semitic joke was also evident when, according to Res, the former roped in a German residential manager, thinking his heritage made him “especially clean and orderly” and then joked in front of Jewish executives: “This guy still reminisces about the ovens, so you guys better watch out for him.”

Trump campaign calls Res 'disgruntled former employee'

Res’s revelations just ahead of the presidential election could put the Trump campaign in a spot of discomfort. The veteran worked for Trump since 1980 – serving as the vice president, senior vice president and executive vice president of the Trump Organization. The president has often cited his hiring of Res as evidence that he has championed women. However, following her revelations, the Trump campaign dismissed Res as a “disgruntled former employee” as the White House did with another former aide to the administration who criticized the president over his response to the coronavirus pandemic. 

The alleged racism surfaced just weeks before the presidential election when the embattled president had been trying to establish a pro-Black image by claiming that he has done more for the Black people than any other president in history (with the probable exception of Abraham Lincoln). Citywide protests in the wake of the brutal killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis have found Trump under more challenge as he has blasted the anti-racism protests to have been orchestrated by the radical Left.

14 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

The same Trump that didn't want black people working on Trump Tower construction?

Trump fired pregnant woman, banned Black people from tower lobby and joked about 'ovens' to Jews, new book claims

https://meaww.com/donald-trump-executive-barbara-res-targets-president-in-tell-all-book-sexist-racist-blacks-pregnant

Barbara Res, who worked for Trump for nearly 20 years, calls out the president's repetitive sexist and racist behavior through various stories in her tell-all book 'Tower of Lies'

This year, President Donald Trump has faced a number of hostile publications. From revelations on professional and personal fronts, the poll-bound president has witnessed attacks pouring in from various people – former aide in the administration to relatives to journalists – and now, one of his long-term executives has come up with sensational claims in yet another book.

Barbara Res, who worked for the businessman-turned-politician for 18 years, has claimed in her book ‘Tower of Lies’ which is due to be released on October 20, that the president had once fired a woman after she fell pregnant and banned Black people from the lobbies of his buildings. He even joked to Jewish businessmen about “the ovens”, it was claimed in the book.

Trump was furious to see Black people in Trump Tower complex

According to Res, Trump once got furious after seeing a Black construction worker building the New York City complex of the Trump Tower and said he did not want “people to think Trump Tower is being built by Black people”. She also claimed that there were several sexist episodes where Trump displayed “contempt” for women. In one case, he did not allow his secretary to attend important meetings because he did not like her looks while in another, he publicly belittled his former wife Ivana. 

According to the Los Angeles Times which has obtained a copy of the bombshell book ahead of its release, the publication “adds to a growing shelf of election-year treaties flaying the president”. The daily also cited Res saying in her account that “bigotry and bias control Donald’s view of the world, even the so-called positive stereotypes, which are just as damaging, like saying the Japanese (whom he seems to despise) are smarter than Americans.” Also revealing Trump’s ill-feeling towards people of color, she said the president was not happy with her after she brought a young Black job aspirant into the lobby of another building. “Barbara, I don’t want Black kids sitting in the lobby where people come to buy million-dollar apartments!” he allegedly told her. 

Trump’s anti-Semitic joke was also evident when, according to Res, the former roped in a German residential manager, thinking his heritage made him “especially clean and orderly” and then joked in front of Jewish executives: “This guy still reminisces about the ovens, so you guys better watch out for him.”

Trump campaign calls Res 'disgruntled former employee'

Res’s revelations just ahead of the presidential election could put the Trump campaign in a spot of discomfort. The veteran worked for Trump since 1980 – serving as the vice president, senior vice president and executive vice president of the Trump Organization. The president has often cited his hiring of Res as evidence that he has championed women. However, following her revelations, the Trump campaign dismissed Res as a “disgruntled former employee” as the White House did with another former aide to the administration who criticized the president over his response to the coronavirus pandemic. 

The alleged racism surfaced just weeks before the presidential election when the embattled president had been trying to establish a pro-Black image by claiming that he has done more for the Black people than any other president in history (with the probable exception of Abraham Lincoln). Citywide protests in the wake of the brutal killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis have found Trump under more challenge as he has blasted the anti-racism protests to have been orchestrated by the radical Left.

Don't forget about the puppy and kitten tortures.

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Don't forget about the puppy and kitten tortures.

For those that are not familiar with Blitzy's deflections and what it means:

"I got nothing - Trump is a racist, which is why I like him. So I will make a stupid statement just to show that I answered".

Just now, LipRipper said:

UCLA huh? something a little less biased. 

UCLA is biased? I found several polls and they all say the same thing. But for the poll to be biased, the people answering have to be biased. 

But look your own damn self and show me where Trump is not losing ground with white voters. 

21 hours ago, Ace Dilcock said:

It is the old adage "judge me for what I do, not what I say".

After four brutal years for Black males, Trump is now targeting them in ads? 

It won't work - most Black males are smarter than your average MAGA - who are old white males that tend to lack a college degree and are brainwashed by Faux News.

These last four years vs. Biden's crime bill?  No comparison.

49 minutes ago, TheKOB said:

These last four years vs. Biden's crime bill?  No comparison.

The first true thing that you have posted.

Biden's crime bill was the single biggest factor in cutting violent crime in half, from the early Nineties until now.

As opposed to people getting sick and dying, a destroyed economy, rampant racism, diminished standing around the world, widespread corruption, national  division.

You are right, no comparison. 

2 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

The first true thing that you have posted.

Biden's crime bill was the single biggest factor in cutting violent crime in half, from the early Nineties until now.

As opposed to people getting sick and dying, a destroyed economy, rampant racism, diminished standing around the world, widespread corruption, national  division.

You are right, no comparison. 

It's amazing how comfortable you are with telling absolutely ridiculous bald faced lies. When am I gonna learn my lesson with you and TL?  Ugh.

55 minutes ago, TheKOB said:

It's amazing how comfortable you are with telling absolutely ridiculous bald faced lies. When am I gonna learn my lesson with you and TL?  Ugh.

Tell me what is a lie. You are using the oldest MAGA trick - talk in generalities because you cannot dispute any of the specifics.

Go ahead, big talker, tell me which of my statements is a lie. I can back up what I said with actual facts - can you??

On 10/21/2020 at 3:11 PM, Ace Dilcock said:

So that is why Biden is leading overall by 9 - 10 points? Because everyone is jumping to Trump? MAGA!

A lot of folks in Trump's base regard polls as invasions of privacy and therefore don't participate in them.

So polls are somewhat irrelevant to this year's election like they were in 2016.

The media implicitly ridicules Trump's base instead of trying to understand it.

Just wait.  You'll see, Acey.  :animated-smileys-taunting-02:

14 minutes ago, kingofnerf said:

A lot of folks in Trump's base regard polls as invasions of privacy and therefore don't participate in them.

So polls are somewhat irrelevant to this year's election like they were in 2016.

The media implicitly ridicules Trump's base instead of trying to understand it.

Just wait.  You'll see, Acey.  :animated-smileys-taunting-02:

Total BS (like the Acey reference though).

Trump picked up some late votes - after the last polls were done - due to Russian propaganda efforts, Comey re-opening the Hillary e-mail investigation, the National Enquirer doing a butcher job on Hillary, etc. People did not like the alternative and said "What do we have to lose?" We know the answer now, LOL, so that ain't happening in 2020.

But the polls were still within 1.3% - well within the  margin of error. That small discrepancy was enough to shift the election to Trump - despite Hillary having 3 mill more votes - and established the myth of the hidden Trump voter.

Which is exactly that, a myth. Every Trump supporter that I know wears their affiliation on their sleeve and is outspoken, much like the MAGAs on this board. If anything, it is the opposite - people that are voting for Biden do not promote it, in fear of being shouted down by the MAGAs,

And the media understands MAGAs - they just think they are whack. I mean, 50% believe in QAnon?

Glad to go double or nothing with you - I won with Kamala Harris being picked for VP - for bragging rights.

28 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

Total BS (like the Acey reference though).

Trump picked up some late votes - after the last polls were done - due to Russian propaganda efforts, Comey re-opening the Hillary e-mail investigation, the National Enquirer doing a butcher job on Hillary, etc. People did not like the alternative and said "What do we have to lose?" We know the answer now, LOL, so that ain't happening in 2020.

But the polls were still within 1.3% - well within the  margin of error. That small discrepancy was enough to shift the election to Trump - despite Hillary having 3 mill more votes - and established the myth of the hidden Trump voter.

Which is exactly that, a myth. Every Trump supporter that I know wears their affiliation on their sleeve and is outspoken, much like the MAGAs on this board. If anything, it is the opposite - people that are voting for Biden do not promote it, in fear of being shouted down by the MAGAs,

And the media understands MAGAs - they just think they are whack. I mean, 50% believe in QAnon?

Glad to go double or nothing with you - I won with Kamala Harris being picked for VP - for bragging rights.

Elections are always about Democrats vs. Republicans in the final stages.

Your fatal flaw is you are not making a distinction between "Trump supporters/MAGAs" and the Republicans who will hold their nose and silently support him in the polls on November 3rd.

Harris is not an "agent for change" as many believe.  She is someone who is very flattered (rightfully so) by her place in history.  A good lawyer and a passionate Senator, but not the kind of CEO material we desperately need in the Oval Office right now.  Former campaign workers complained about the bad work environment she created during the Democratic primaries and Ronald McDonald had more primary electoral votes than her.  She simply couldn't get to the party nomination on her own because even minorities didn't care for her.   It wasn't even close.

You'll see.

She is not "CEO material"? As opposed to someone that has bankrupted 6 businesses, with his sidekick whose solution to crises is to pray about it?

Non-MAGA Republicans and Independents will hold their nose and vote - but for both candidates, and I actually believe Biden will have the advantage there. These last 4 years will have them yearning for the relative calm of the Obama-Biden years.

And we can do in acknowledgement that. Whoever loses will have to come back and say "damn - you was right".