Sign in to follow this  
SanAntonioCock

1st debate thread

9 hours ago, SanAntonioCock said:

Biden should walk over to Trump's podium, slap down $750 and say "here, next year's on me chief".

Trump should ask quid pro Joe to hook him up with a sweet deal like the one Hunter had when he leaves office after his second term.

Gonna be drug tests?

Trump claimed at a rally this month that the former vice president gets “a big fat shot in the ass and he comes out, and for two hours he’s better than ever before.” He continued promoting his conspiracy theory on Sunday and Monday.

“I will be strongly demanding a Drug Test of Sleepy Joe Biden prior to, or after, the Debate on Tuesday night,” Trump tweeted Sunday. “Naturally, I will agree to take one also. 

Its hard to define "winning" because there is already so much of a split amongst the population. 

Trump will bait and bully, and use one liners - which will win with his existing supporters. So that's not much of a win because they have their minds made up. Trump is already complaining about the moderator. 

Biden too has existing supporters who regardless of events will say Biden "wins" because he is the anti-Trump. 

Its the details in the responses, how and if they actually answer the questions rather than argue with each other that will prove who wins. Trump is the larger personality and it will be interesting to watch how Biden handles himself. Honestly, I tend to shy away from debates or watch only for a short period of time, but I think this one is worth watching.  

2 hours ago, jrgamecock said:

Unless he drops dead at the podium, the liberal press will declare a Biden win.  The 100 million viewers will have the opportunity to decide who is the winner from what they observe.

You mean some people actually think coming up with playground nicknames and mocking people is "winning" a debate? That would explain a lot 

trump just lies about everything, it makes it difficult to debate. Where Hillary went wrong is she was playing by conventional rules, ie. there are some truths and facts. Trump plays reality TV style, lies and trash for the entertainment, truths are whichever is most entertaining.

--

The best way to debate trump was shown in that recent interview with Axios, the famous "it is what it is" interview. All you gotta do is hit him with follow up questions when he's spreading his lies. "Why do you think that?" "How do you figure?" "Which numbers?" etc. etc. etc. and it makes  trump look like the con artist fool he is

Tonight- 

Biden: "Before I answer this question - I'd like President Trump to address the recent reports about his massive debt. Mr. President, The NY Times reported you are hundreds of millions of dollars in debt, something like 400-500 million in debt. Mr. President, who do you owe all that money to?

Don't you think the American public has a right to know who has their president in such a financial bind? thank you"

24 minutes ago, MFB said:

You mean some people actually think coming up with playground nicknames and mocking people is "winning" a debate? That would explain a lot 

Yes, that is "winning" - similar to the "winning" that we were told that we would get tired of - because it would happen so much in the Trump administration.

I am flat worn out from all of this winning, LOL.

57 minutes ago, Tastylicks said:

trump just lies about everything, it makes it difficult to debate. Where Hillary went wrong is she was playing by conventional rules, ie. there are some truths and facts. Trump plays reality TV style, lies and trash for the entertainment, truths are whichever is most entertaining.

--

The best way to debate trump was shown in that recent interview with Axios, the famous "it is what it is" interview. All you gotta do is hit him with follow up questions when he's spreading his lies. "Why do you think that?" "How do you figure?" "Which numbers?" etc. etc. etc. and it makes  trump look like the con artist fool he is

That guy was excellent.  I'd pay money to see him moderate one of these debates.

2 hours ago, MFB said:

I just hope quid pro Joe entertains us with some heart warming stories about his days as a humble student at Delaware State.

2 minutes ago, TKE226 said:

Do you know why? I dont, and asking. 

I always thought debates were commercial free? Shows you how much I used to tune in. 

I confess, I figured after SA's post this didn't include commercials because it seemed like a special (and unusual) request.  I don't watch debates either, so they may very well be commercial free still. 

I know it's being painted as Biden being feeble, etc.  It doesn't help he's put a crazy number of lids each day before noon and his campaign has explained it away as debate prep. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/25/biden-campaign-lid-trump-421824

11 minutes ago, TheKOB said:

I confess, I figured after SA's post this didn't include commercials because it seemed like a special (and unusual) request.  I don't watch debates either, so they may very well be commercial free still. 

I know it's being painted as Biden being feeble, etc.  It doesn't help he's put a crazy number of lids each day before noon and his campaign has explained it away as debate prep. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/25/biden-campaign-lid-trump-421824

We are still in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic.