Sign in to follow this  
Blitzkrieg

SC nominee accused of being a "white colonizer"

37 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

This doesn't pass muster. 

• Haha 1

And since we are on the topic....

The article says that the person that accused the nominee of being a "white colonizer" has been slammed by people on the Left and the Right - so it is an example of how people on the Left are NOT loony, even if a single commentator IS in that category.

1 hour ago, JimG said:

That was a stupid comment. Then again....you're not having a good day. 

Again I can't help that you didn't get it.  I'm having a wonderful day though but then the quality of my day has zero to do with this message board.  Perhaps it's the highlight of your day, that actually makes sense now that I think about it. 

13 hours ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Again I can't help that you didn't get it.  I'm having a wonderful day though but then the quality of my day has zero to do with this message board.  Perhaps it's the highlight of your day, that actually makes sense now that I think about it. 

Congrats on having the great day, Blitzy!

Does that mean that you had a breakthrough with your cat and the whole signature thing? I knew that you could do it!

16 hours ago, kingofnerf said:

In the article picture, is it just me or does Trump look like he's almost wearing a black face because of his tanning booth addiction?

GettyImages-1228735062.jpg?auto=format&f

Not a tanning bed addiction - his face would look like leather if that was the case. It  is a spray tan that he applies - before he works the magic with his hair.

Supposedly, he does all that himself - then gets a tax break by pretending that it is done by others. BTW, I have been on movie and TV sets - no actor or performer does their own hair and make-up, or pays for it - that is part of the cost of production.

11 minutes ago, Lalli25 said:

wow....that is some straight up bullshit...I assume that is a public school system?

That article is ridiculous...using the same unfounded laughable broad strokes and ignorance used by Blitzy and others ever time they utter the word 'Libs' as some kind of argument/counter point to the actual facts of any matter their dear leader may be involved with or call BLM protesters 'Terrorists' based on the actions of a two or three people in the entire country with zero actual relationship with any official arm of anything related to BLM, etc.

That being said...I find her life long association with the 'People of Praise' group wildly troubling...only because it seems to be teaching/supporting certain God/Male ordained requirements, world views and beliefs that fly in the face of any number of civil rights, laws and constitutional freedoms...and other healthy societal norms. She is more than welcome/free to call herself a 'Handmaiden' and believe what ever she wants but secretive religious groups who are openly opposed to a number of different freedoms and lifestyle choices in any position of power like that makes me uncomfortable. Examining those beliefs in the open...understanding the job she is up for...is not religious bigotry but a requirement that must be discussed and flushed out. I've seen people claim some kind of Catholic hatred/bias for being asked to explain these specific beliefs and teachings but that's not what this is...in fact there is no requirement to even be a practicing Catholic to be a member and I know of no Catholics who believe/teach what these particular folks have decided is the way. 

Understanding that they don't seem to be very comfortable with openly sharing those beliefs for some reason. Which is fine if you aren't up for a job that includes a lifetime appointment and a direct effect on every single American related to the interpretations of laws and issues that effect every single said American citizen. 

On 9/29/2020 at 2:39 PM, TheKOB said:

This is the same clown who got paid $20k to give a speech in Fairfax Co. Schools. 

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/fairfax-county-schools-defending-20k-presentation-from-anti-racism-scholar

Just to clarify...this clown gave a speech to Fairfax County Public Schools officials and the school board at a leadership conference in August. 

The article seems to question why they didn't have some kind of technology training to address the issue of remote training, etc...'instead'...fact is they have also had multiple training sessions and meetings with experts about that very thing and currently provide multiple links and information related to that very topic to their parents and kids...as well...this wasn't an either or deal.

Even if that one guy was a clown during a leadership conference with officials and school board members.

25 minutes ago, LBC said:

That article is ridiculous...using the same unfounded laughable broad strokes and ignorance used by Blitzy and others ever time they utter the word 'Libs' as some kind of argument/counter point to the actual facts of any matter their dear leader may be involved with. 

That being said...I find her life long association with the 'People of Praise' group wildly troubling...only because it seems to be teaching/supporting certain God/Male ordained requirements, world views and beliefs that fly in the face of any number of civil rights, laws and constitutional freedoms...and other healthy societal norms. She is more than welcome/free to call herself a 'Handmaiden' and believe what ever she wants but secretive religious groups who are openly opposed to a number of different freedoms and lifestyle choices in any position of power like that makes me uncomfortable. Examining those beliefs in the open...understanding the job she is up for...is not religious bigotry but a requirement that must be discussed and flushed out. I've seen people claim some kind of Catholic hatred/bias for being asked to explain these specific beliefs and teachings but that's not what this is...in fact there is no requirement to even be a practicing Catholic to be a member and I know of no Catholics who believe/teach what these particular folks have decided is the way. 

Understanding that they don't seem to be very comfortable with openly sharing those beliefs for some reason. Which is fine if you aren't up for a job that includes a lifetime appointment and a direct effect on every single American related to the interpretations of laws and issues that effect every single said American citizen. 

It is like they got someone that was as extreme as they could find to ram through at the last minute.

She was very unqualified until Trump made her a federal judge three years ago - he basically fast-tracked an extreme judge with marginal qualifications.

And the MAGAs are cool with it- ideology over ability.

6 minutes ago, Lalli25 said:

Yep.  Loudoun County is about 30-45 minutes from DC and boarders with Fairfax County and Maryland. 

It is also one of the wealthier counties out there - lots of money and white guilt. Perfect for lining the pockets of a fringe guy preaching "White man bad".