Sign in to follow this  
kingofnerf

Federal appeals court vacates Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's death sentence

A federal appeals court has vacated the death sentence of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, based on the opinion that the judge in the case did not vet the jury properly with regard to possible bias stemming from pretrial publicity.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/federal-appeals-court-vacates-boston-marathon-bomber-dzhokhar-tsarnaevs-death-sentence

Next time, just shoot the SOB.

4 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Huh? Is that your response to everything?

Pretty much. I have no idea if the judge was liberal or not, and I am not a big fan of the long time that people sit on death row. But Blitzy assumes that Liberals are behind everything (when it is really the Russians, of course) 

Still, Trump and Barr notwithstanding, we are a nation of laws. If the judge saw the evidence and believed that the  law was violated, I am okay with that. He just gets a new trial on the death penalty part - it just means he gets another year in prison before he is executed.

9 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Who is siding with the terrorists? 

The three judges who issued the decision were: Juan Torruella, a Reagan appointee who dissented in part; Rogeriee Thompson, an Obama appointee who wrote the opinion; and William Kayatta, who is also an Obama appointee.

7 hours ago, taylorssc said:

I don’t see how they faulted the judge for the jury not being impartial. It’s going to be impossible to find anybody in Boston that doesn’t have an opinion about what happened. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, dude set off a bomb at one of the biggest Boston traditions one national TV and then was involved in a city wide man hunt. 

Unless they pulled an out of state jury pool, there was no way to get an impartial jury.  

1 hour ago, carolina_corpsman said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, dude set off a bomb at one of the biggest Boston traditions one national TV and then was involved in a city wide man hunt. 

Unless they pulled an out of state jury pool, there was no way to get an impartial jury.  

They won't even get him an impartial jury. 

14 hours ago, taylorssc said:

I don’t see how they faulted the judge for the jury not being impartial. It’s going to be impossible to find anybody in Boston that doesn’t have an opinion about what happened. 

Agreed and honestly I didn't know this pos was still breathing.