Sign in to follow this  
Skyhawk96

Mark Zuckerberg done told a lie

2 hours ago, Skyhawk96 said:

He testified, in Congress, they only censored terrorist speech. The lie detector test proved that was a lie.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/23/facebook_content_moderator_if_someones_wearing_maga_hat_im_going_to_delete_them_for_terrorism.html

I think you have it backwards. Facebook, Twitter and others have an issue with hate speech and lies. Flagging a post with a MAGA hat displayed saves a lot of time because that is where you will find a lot of hate and inaccurate statements.

Twitter reacted by banning political ads, and now they are adding a disclaimer on Trump's lies. Facebook has allowed a lot of the bad stuff to go through - your article talked about flagging posts for moderator review, but the moderators let a lot go through.

Which has allowed Facebook to become a conduit for Trump's hate-filled lies and propaganda.

And, of course, Facebook helped Russia to get Trump elected by not flagging the fake accounts used by the GRU.

I have no love for Facebook or Zuckerberg. I think Facebook is a big reason we are where we are with regards to civil (or uncivil) discourse in this country. And what they do with everyone's private data is just mind blowing if di into it. If a service is free, you are not the customer, you are the product.  One of the best things that could happen is or Facebook and other social media like twitter to just disappear. but that will never happen...

As for the article. Seems to be a lot of fear mongering. And free speech applies to government restricting speech. Not private companies. So even if they would delete all posts with "MAGA" hats (which they don't) it would be their business decision to do so.

15 hours ago, Spur's Addiction said:

I have no love for Facebook or Zuckerberg. I think Facebook is a big reason we are where we are with regards to civil (or uncivil) discourse in this country. And what they do with everyone's private data is just mind blowing if di into it. If a service is free, you are not the customer, you are the product.  One of the best things that could happen is or Facebook and other social media like twitter to just disappear. but that will never happen...

As for the article. Seems to be a lot of fear mongering. And free speech applies to government restricting speech. Not private companies. So even if they would delete all posts with "MAGA" hats (which they don't) it would be their business decision to do so.

seriously?  it is a publicly traded company...you lost your shit over a baker who would not bake a cake for a gay wedding in a private business (not even public)...if you discriminate, you discriminate...if you censor, you censor

9 minutes ago, STS said:

seriously?  it is a publicly traded company...you lost your shit over a baker who would not bake a cake for a gay wedding in a private business (not even public)...if you discriminate, you discriminate...if you censor, you censor

Good point.

As far as I can tell all Mark Zuckerberg has ever done is lie and bullshit...from the inception of Facebook through today. His entire business model is a sham where personal data is farmed out and sold to anyone who wants it. I can proudly say neither I nor my wife has ever had a facebook account and my kids...20 and 16...both think Facebook is...and I quote...for 'old people'...and that's why they are always believing all the complete lies, mis-information and propaganda it is responsible for spreading. 

Zuckerberg is nothing but a greedy little shit with no character or moral fiber. He would sell his grandmother's ashes if the price were right.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LBC said:

As far as I can tell all Mark Zuckerberg has ever done is lie and bullshit...from the inception of Facebook through today. His entire business model is a sham where personal data is farmed out and sold to anyone who wants it. I can proudly say neither I nor my wife has ever had a facebook account and my kids...20 and 16...both think Facebook is...and I quote...for 'old people'...and that's why they are always believing all the complete lies, mis-information and propaganda it is responsible for spreading. 

Zuckerberg is nothing but a greedy little shit with no character or moral fiber. He would sell his grandmother ashes if the price were right.

What social media has done is destroy our notion of truth. It used to be that anything on the internet was considered to be fact -i t was in writing, after all - but social media has changed that. 

You can find verification for anything that you want to believe on social media, with few checks on truth or hate speech. It allowed the Russians to spread propaganda, pretty much unchecked, in 2016.

And the rest of 2020 is going to be scary.