Sign in to follow this  
SwampFox

If BLM Then Why Did Rioters ...

1 minute ago, carolina_corpsman said:

I agree, while there certainly are bad cops, the statistics show the odds of being killed by a cop are extremely low, like a fraction of a percentage. I would imagine that in one year there is more black on black homicide in Chicago than there are instances of cops killing minorities (justified and not justified) in the entire country.

The "statistics" do not exist - there is no national database to  track people killed by police, or their race, or the circumstances under which they were killed.

Have you researched the killings in Chicago yet? Let us know how many homicides were black on black. That way, if we ever get honest reporting from police about who they killed, we can see who has killed the most black people.

13 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

I agree, while there certainly are bad cops, the statistics show the odds of being killed by a cop are extremely low, like a fraction of a percentage. I would imagine that in one year there is more black on black homicide in Chicago than there are instances of cops killing minorities (justified and not justified) in the entire country.

Apparently a Black life snuffed out by a cop is equal to about 100 Black lives snuffed out in Democrat controlled inner cities.  Talk about racism.  Damn.

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Apparently a Black life snuffed out by a cop is equal to about 100 Black lives snuffed out in Democrat controlled inner cities.  Talk about racism.  Damn.

So why are you saying that? Oh, I forgot, you are a racist.

All lives are precious. But when the group that is supposed to prevent people from killing other people is actually doing the killing - while getting paid for their efforts - that is wrong. And you are criticizing people that point that out - and say it is a sham - why?

The truth is this - you guys don't care about any black lives, no matter who is killing them.

I guess I caught you boys in the middle of your Klanclave - go back to your cross burning.

6 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

Poor little 8 year old girl killed in a cop free zone. 

Her blood is on the hands of the mayor who allowed the zone to exist.

Yeah, because there are never any drive-by shootings in areas where cops are allowed.

There was a movie about your posting - Dumb and Dumber. Which also describes you and mini-Strawman - not sure who would be "Dumber", since you are both so deserving.

3 hours ago, carolina_corpsman said:

Poor little 8 year old girl killed in a cop free zone. 

Her blood is on the hands of the mayor who allowed the zone to exist.

Yep, the Liberal racism of low expectations strikes again.  Must have been close to 100 Blacks gunned down by other Blacks in those Democrat controlled shit holes this past weekend.  Not a peep out of Black Lives Matter (only if you're killed by a white cop though)

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Yep, the Liberal racism of low expectations strikes again.  Must have been close to 100 Blacks gunned down by other Blacks in those Democrat controlled shit holes this past weekend.  Not a peep out of Black Lives Matter (only if you're killed by a white cop though)

Says the guy that works for a company that risks KILLING people by refusing to put in LIGHT FIXTURES so people can SEE!!!! And runs away from even talking about it!!!! What are you afraid of???

On 7/6/2020 at 3:06 PM, Ace Dilcock said:

The "statistics" do not exist - there is no national database to  track people killed by police, or their race, or the circumstances under which they were killed.

Have you researched the killings in Chicago yet? Let us know how many homicides were black on black. That way, if we ever get honest reporting from police about who they killed, we can see who has killed the most black people.

There is no federal database on people killed by police, true. But the Washington Post has maintained a data base since 2015 tracking police shootings by race, the race of the officer, and the circumstances involved, for example if the victim was armed. I believe reasearchers at the U of Michigan are doing the same.

I’m sure you’ll be shocked at the results, but while the rate of police killings of all victims remains at a steady level, the killings of unarmed people have dropped. And blacks killed by police are just as, or more likely to be killed by a black police officer than a white police officer.

That in no way excuses police for killing unarmed people, and they should certainly be held accountable for doing so. But looking at the numbers of people shot by police compared to the millions of interactions yearly between police and the public shows it’s not common.

You’re seriously trying to compare black on black shootings in Chicago to how many black people have been killed by police? And you’re wondering how many of the black gun victims in Chicago are actually black on black?

1 hour ago, Pitchcock said:

There is no federal database on people killed by police, true. But the Washington Post has maintained a data base since 2015 tracking police shootings by race, the race of the officer, and the circumstances involved, for example if the victim was armed. I believe reasearchers at the U of Michigan are doing the same.

I’m sure you’ll be shocked at the results, but while the rate of police killings of all victims remains at a steady level, the killings of unarmed people have dropped. And blacks killed by police are just as, or more likely to be killed by a black police officer than a white police officer.

That in no way excuses police for killing unarmed people, and they should certainly be held accountable for doing so. But looking at the numbers of people shot by police compared to the millions of interactions yearly between police and the public shows it’s not common.

You’re seriously trying to compare black on black shootings in Chicago to how many black people have been killed by police? And you’re wondering how many of the black gun victims in Chicago are actually black on black?

First, it should not be up to a private organization to monitor police killings. Second, the police do not always provide the information that the Washington Post or others need - race of the shooter and victim, for instance.

And then you ignore the obvious - you seen fixated on "guns". George Floyd was not killed by a gun, nor were the choking victims in New York or Baltimore. Strawman's favorite victim - the 400 lb. guy that was tased 4 times, with the last one coming when he was lieing incapacitated on the ground saying "I can't breathe" and I am having a heart attack"- would not be credited as a killilng by police - it would cite cause of death as a heart attack But he would still be alive if not for the police thnking that 4 tases is okay. There have been a number of taser deaths - which, I am sure, have been written off to other causes or pre-existing condiitons.

So no, we do not have the information that we need - and the police unions are fighting the requests to provide that information like Donald Trump fights to cover up his tax returns.

On 7/9/2020 at 6:32 PM, Ace Dilcock said:

So no, we do not have the information that we need - and the police unions are fighting the requests to provide that information like Donald Trump fights to cover up his tax returns.

Any information showing police unions are fighting against accurate reporting?

9 hours ago, taylorssc said:

Any information showing police unions are fighting against accurate reporting?

If you live in a city big enough to have a local news affiliate, that isn't owned by Sinclair, there are reports at least monthly.

A cop here in San Antonio got caught giving a human feces sandwich to a homeless man and didn't get fired for three years because the police union fought for him. He only got fired eventually for putting a leaf that looked like poop on the women's bathroom toilet seat.

https://www.tpr.org/post/san-antonio-police-officer-who-retaliated-feces-will-not-get-his-job-back

13 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

Yes, plenty. Look it up.

I don’t see anything, that’s why I asked. 

I see where police unions fight to get officers jobs back after doing unethical things, but that’s what unions do. But nothing about them fighting against accurate incident reporting.

Its your claim, you should be able to back it up. 

47 minutes ago, taylorssc said:

I don’t see anything, that’s why I asked. 

I see where police unions fight to get officers jobs back after doing unethical things, but that’s what unions do. But nothing about them fighting against accurate incident reporting.

Its your claim, you should be able to back it up. 

Sure, Sport. Let me know if you need more.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/us/politics/police-reforms-congress.html

https://world.wng.org/2020/07/congress_failed_attempt_at_police_reform

What’s glaringly missing from both bills: Police union reform, even though unions have stood in the way of past police reform.

https://www.axios.com/tim-scott-police-reform-bill-qualified-immunity-899fccfe-f517-4512-b890-bd19be0ffbfa.htm

Scott said he's interested in de-certification of officers who engage in misconduct, but said that police unions are opposed to that idea and it's unlikely to get support from the left.