• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After further film review, Ace the white supremacist still thinks the guy is walking away. Now I fully understand why he kept insisting on CT that Dak was a much better QB than Lawrence. Dude can

For a bit of context, gave fentanyl last night, 100 micrograms, and observed pretty rapid sedation as well as decreased respirations. Again in a controlled environment with a patient on the monitor wh

I absolutely believe you don't know WTF you're talking about, and just want so bad for this to be on some black man and not some rouge cop who is now a convicted murderer.  I also think you're a

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Skyhawk96 said:

So, apparently no one was tear gassed

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/there-was-no-tear-gas/

This Minister said she was. No surprise you believe some right wing rag over a woman of God though.

https://www.newsweek.com/reverend-says-she-was-tear-gassed-outside-white-house-so-trump-could-hold-bible-look-christian-1508074?utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Partnerships

5 minutes ago, SanAntonioCock said:

Yeah... Because religious people dont lie.. ask any Catholic boy.

20 minutes ago, SanAntonioCock said:

Do you believe the truth can be ascertained from the media?

24 minutes ago, SanAntonioCock said:

Iran has called on The United States of America to stop using violence against it's people. 

Omg did you really just post that?  Now you want us to take advice from Iran.  Trump could say ok and stop tomorrow and you would say he was colluding with them.

3 hours ago, JimG said:

Trump's religious.

GettyImages-1216826643.jpg?w=800&h=533&q 

He's not perfect (as are none of us) but he goes to church and has the courage to pick a Bible up in public.  He's also smart enough to know the symbolism will resonate with enough people to create hope in times of turmoil.  The looting and property damage needs to stop very soon.   Some people do things in the anonymity of the mob that they would never do on their own and that would include burning a church down to the ground.  When leaders continue to encourage "peaceful protests" they also are subconsciously telling some people it's okay to do bad things.  I don't have a problem with any President moving a mob away from a church so he can do what he thinks he needs to do to provide hope.

Which one of these two people above is President and which one never stood a snowball's chance in the first place?

There's a double-edged sword to a Democrat telling people to vote.  People WILL vote; just not for them.

• Confused 1
5 hours ago, carolina_corpsman said:

Do you take issue with people repeating false claims?

Yes - But this seems to be more conflicting claims? 

4 hours ago, SanAntonioCock said:

Iran has called on The United States of America to stop using violence against it's people. 

Iran is not the only one. troudou could barely answer the question. 

4 hours ago, JimG said:

Trump's religious.

GettyImages-1216826643.jpg?w=800&h=533&q 

Pathetic. Not sure why Christian's buy his schtick. It's beyon fake. 

57 minutes ago, kingofnerf said:

When leaders continue to encourage "peaceful protests" they also are subconsciously telling some people it's okay to do bad things.  I don't have a problem with any President moving a mob away from a church so he can do what he thinks he needs to do to provide hope.

Sounds like a true dictator. It was not a mob. it was a peaceful protest. 

13 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

Ivanka carried the prop for the night - the bible - to the scene in a $1500 tote. Not a $1500 purse - a tote bag that cost $1500. Apparently, it was beneath Trump's dignity to be seen actually carrying it.

I have never seen anyone hold a bible like that - certainly not anyone that has an ounce of religion. It was like something distateful and unfamiliar - and he briefly held it upside down. 

Supposedly, the photo opp was the idea of Hope Hicks and (who else) Jared Kushner.

William Barr personally orchestrated the removal of protestors. He could be seen behind the police in photos, right before the protestors were rousted. Like Trump says, he has "activated" Barr - heaven help us. Basically, a wimpy Luca Brasi - but with a lot more back-up than Luca ever had.

14 hours ago, Skyhawk96 said:

So, apparently no one was tear gassed

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/there-was-no-tear-gas/

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/06/trump-dc-protest-tear-gas-park-police/

You’ll be happy to hear the Trump campaign has contacted us in a snit. They say the Park Police did not use tear gas—they simply used “smoke canisters and pepper balls.”

Here are the facts: Park Police used tear gas to clear out peaceful protesters so that Donald Trump could fumble a Bible in a lame photo op that disgusted everyone, including the actual clergy of St. John’s—and Pat Robertson. The lying press reported what they saw: that the tear-causing gas was, in fact, tear gas.

“Tear gas,” an umbrella term for about a half-dozen so-called “riot-control agents” or “less lethal” chemical weapons, most often refers to CS gas, a powerful irritant devised by two Middlebury College researchers in the 1920s.

But it can also refer to OC, or oleoresin capsicum, an ultra-concentrated form of the compound in hot peppers mixed with carriers that make it stick to your skin and lungs more easily. Both cause tears, and both, in quantity, do a permanent number on lungs and nerves.

The distinction only matters if you’re treating medical damage or covering your ass; the Centers for Disease Control calls every such chemical “tear gas,” including CS, OC, and others. But for police, “pepper balls”—dense projectiles containing OC, which the Park Police insist they used—are very convenient. They can be fired again and again from a gun. They hurt. (In fact, they hurt worse than CS gas.)

In prisons, where tear gas is used to suppress unrest, correctional officers mix-and-match CS and OC freely when they have both on hand—and sometimes hit prisoners with a combo. Read the account of a West Virginia prisoner subjected to both, which I reported in 2016 for The Nation:

10 hours ago, SanAntonioCock said:

Sometimes the mirror don't feel so good, huh?

Keep crying about the use of the military.  I guarantee if those bullets from "peaceful protesters" were coming at you, you would be begging for him to use any means possible to protect you. 

3 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

Keep crying about the use of the military.  I guarantee if those bullets from "peaceful protesters" were coming at you, you would be begging for him to use any means possible to protect you. 

Why would a peaceful protester be shooting bullets at me? You sound like a lunatic. 

3 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

LOL - not pleasant. Do you want some sprayed on you, Strawman? Is it okay if you get a little in your eyes? 

Manifactured scandals - oh, the outrage from you neo-cons when it looked like the reports may have contained an error! Now it is "yeah, they sprayed chemicals on peaceful protesters - but hey, no permanent damage!"

Keep apologizing for the Idiot-in-Chief until we live in a police state run by a dictator. Or is that what you want??

Only if it's Trump

36 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Please read the nonsense you just typed out loud. You sound like an idiot. 

How so?  Yesterday he sensationalized it by saying that Trump was going to use the military against his own people like a dictator while cops and innocent people are being killed by the fringe operators in some of these protest.  I asked what his plan would be to handle this and got crickets.  While I think using the military to help bring some of this under control is not optimal, how long do we let these types of actions go on and hang our law enforcement out to dry.  I have friends that are cops and friends with kids in the national guard that are being put in harms way every day.  If it were your family or you personally being shot at what would you expect the action to be to help you because these people's family members are.  

15 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

How so?  Yesterday he sensationalized it by saying that Trump was going to use the military against his own people like a dictator while cops and innocent people are being killed by the fringe operators in some of these protest.  I asked what his plan would be to handle this and got crickets.  While I think using the military to help bring some of this under control is not optimal, how long do we let these types of actions go on and hang our law enforcement out to dry.  I have friends that are cops and friends with kids in the national guard that are being put in harms way every day.  If it were your family or you personally being shot at what would you expect the action to be to help you because these people's family members are.  

You said peaceful protestors are shooting....