Sign in to follow this  
Spur's Addiction

MAGA 2020

3 years and five months into the MAGA experiment and this is the status of the United States on 30 May 2020:

• Pandemic that has killed 100,000+ Americans with no end in sight
  • A bumbling President peddling quack cures without providing any leadership or guidance
  • Economy in the pits with record unemployment not seen since the great depression
  • Rioting in streets across the country
  • Numerous Trump Campaign staff or associates in jail or indicted

Are you better off then you were 4 years ago? Is the country better off?

Is this what you MAGA hatters envisioned? What a disaster.

Time to vote this POS President out of office.

9 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Yes I'm better off than I was 4 years ago.  I certainly won't be voting for quid pro Joe.

Does that mean you won’t be voting for Trump either?

the economy was going well until Covid. If there is a second wave of this, I don’t see trump winning re-election. The public will want to try something different. It may work and it may not but the public knows what they have with Trump. 5 months to go is a long time. The TV is barely watchable now without sports just wait to the barrage of campaign ads! 

18 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Yes I'm better off than I was 4 years ago.  I certainly won't be voting for quid pro Joe.

Didn't expect you to change your mind. You'll ride the MAGA train all the way off the ravine.

However - 40 million new unemployed have not been so fortunate.

And the families of over 100,000 Americans that have lost their lives.

And the ones protesting in the Streets.

People love to talk about how great Trump did with the economy, and they point to the stock market and unemployment.

Here is a tidbit for you: The stock market went up more - percentage-wise - in the first three years of the Obama administration than in the first three years of the Trump administration. Clinton did better than both of them, although Trump is ahead of the second Bush. Gee, I thought Republcans were great for th economy!

Before you say "Yeah, but coronavirus is not his fault" - the first three years stops right when we got our first case in the second half of January 2020. Plus, a lof the coronavirus debacle IS his fault.

Unemployment was low when Trump took over - and most of the jobs created under Trump are low income jobs that just widen income disparity Of course the current unemplotment rate is not exactly good....and again, the coronavirus has to share responsibility for that with Trump and his bungled response.

As dire as Spur's Addiction summary is, he did not mention the backtracking on the envrionment, that increases global warming - wholesale corruption - spiraling national debt, that will cripple our country and put a heavy burden on children and grandchildren - money grabs by the wealthy in the Rich get Richer tax cut - the loss of respect around the world - backing out of agreements that helped the world's economy, made the world cleaner and safer - the lack of civil discourse - and sadly, I could keep going,

But there is good news for the MAGAs - now, much more than in 2016, Make America Great Again is the perfect slogan for this year's campaign.  Unfortunately for them, people have figured out how not to Make America Great Again. MAGA!

Blitzy is talking about maybe having a better job or paying less in taxes. And Trump keeping us safe from that army of invading MS-13 rapists and murderers.

He does not realize that regular taxpayers will have to pay back the tax cuts (and then some) because the debt has ballooned and most of the money went to the rich.

He does not realize that loosening environental regulations will be a tremendous expense in terms of destructive power of extreme weather and fires- and added health costs due to bad air and high heat causing cancer and respiratory problems.

He does not realize that HE is paying for the tariffs - and the farming bail-out because China is mot buying agricultural products.

And the corruption - the money going into the pockets of rich people, large companies and scammers - has to be coming from somehwere. Like the pockets of the American taxpayer.

2 hours ago, TKE226 said:

Does that mean you won’t be voting for Trump either?

the economy was going well until Covid. If there is a second wave of this, I don’t see trump winning re-election. The public will want to try something different. It may work and it may not but the public knows what they have with Trump. 5 months to go is a long time. The TV is barely watchable now without sports just wait to the barrage of campaign ads! 

At the present time I will still be voting for Trump.

2 hours ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Didn't expect you to change your mind. You'll ride the MAGA train all the way off the ravine.

However - 40 million new unemployed have not been so fortunate.

And the families of over 100,000 Americans that have lost their lives.

And the ones protesting in the Streets.

And none of that is Trump's fault.    And they aren't protesting. They're committing felonies against innocent persons/businesses.

1 hour ago, Boca Bobby said:

You aren’t being honest. Nobody is better now than they were 4 years ago except the trump family and friends 

You have no idea what my personal status is but like a good Liberal you assume you do.  I am better off than I was 4 years ago.

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

And none of that is Trump's fault.    And they aren't protesting. They're committing felonies against innocent persons/businesses.

He is not solely 100% at fault for these thing if that is what you mean. There are many who have failed however he is the leader of this country and it is under his watch that we are where we are and the buck stops at our President (but he won’t take any responsibility for it). 

8 minutes ago, TKE226 said:

He is not solely 100% at fault for these thing if that is what you mean. There are many who have failed however he is the leader of this country and it is under his watch that we are where we are and the buck stops at our President (but he won’t take any responsibility for it). 

People that aren't Trump haters don't blame him for thugs committing felonies because of some idiot cop's actions.  Nor do they blame him for the economy because it was roaring prior to the pandemic.  There's plenty of blame to go around with the pandemic response at every level.  I do however realize the brilliance of 20/20 hindsight.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Yeah - none of the bad stuff is Trump's fault - He only takes credit for the good stuff.

And yes - trump deserves blame for his lack of response to the Coronavirus. Bigly! And that in turn has impacted the economy way wore than it could have.

He he also deserves blame for all ridiculing the peaceful protests that occured over the police issue that there is no option left but to Riot. And tweeting about calling in the National Guard, and when the looting, starts the shooting starts.

Yes - this is trump America.

41 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Yeah - none of the bad stuff is Trump's fault - He only takes credit for the good stuff.

And yes - trump deserves blame for his lack of response to the Coronavirus. Bigly! And that in turn has impacted the economy way wore than it could have.

He he also deserves blame for all ridiculing the peaceful protests that occured over the police issue that there is no option left but to Riot. And tweeting about calling in the National Guard, and when the looting, starts the shooting starts.

Yes - this is trump America.

Don't forget to blame and attack Cuomo!  Oh wait, he has a D next to his name.  Never mind.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Boca Bobby said:

You aren’t being honest. Nobody is better now than they were 4 years ago except the trump family and friends 

I can honestly say I am better off now, Trump has nothing to do with it but I am most certainly better off. 

I know sweeping generalizations are fun!

4 hours ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Gee I didn't realize Cuomo was President of the United States.

The People of NY can decide the next election.

Yeah he just forced nursing homes to accept Covid patients no doubt causing many deaths in NY State.  No big deal.

39 minutes ago, JimG said:

Anarchy rules in a leadership vacuum.....history repeats.  

MABA....fire riot GIF

It's been five decades since 1968, and things are somehow worse

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/30/opinions/2020-echoes-of-1968-zelizer/index.html

Yep - Trump has slowly abdicated his responsibilities as President in the past few months. And it all came to a head this week. All he does is tweet insensitive bullshit  (when the looting starts...) , and stir up controversies to deflect from the real issues. Obamagate, Joe Scarborough, etc. 

Zero leadership on the crisis at hand. The country is spiraling out of control.

16 minutes ago, STS said:

Business must go on...travel must go on...you were complicit in the deaths but please don’t let that stop you assigning one side blame

The best part is that we have another election soon and we will see if people go beyond words and vote for changes

This about way more then just the virus. But way to blame me for the virus. I was not elected to lead this country in times of crisis. Was I critical of Trump and the Chinese Travel Ban (that wasn't even a real ban)? Yes. It was too little, too late. Unless he stopped all travel (which he did not) it would be ineffective. And it was.

And that's exactly my point about the election. Time to make a change and have some actual leadership.

So Trump says he will send national guard to stop unrest and that’s wrong or heavy handed.  However, he is being accused of abdicating because he isn’t doing something like sending the national guard.  Seems like a catch 22 or just bias review points of posters. Which could it be?

Did you claim in 2015 when Baltimore was being burned down and destroy that Obama abdicated his responsibility?  This shit started we’ll before trump and the fact you’re trying to pin it all in him shows intellectual dishonesty.  This is fanned more by antifa and anarchistic groups trying to manipulate people into doing their dirty work. 

1 hour ago, Lalli25 said:

So Trump says he will send national guard to stop unrest and that’s wrong or heavy handed.  However, he is being accused of abdicating because he isn’t doing something like sending the national guard.  Seems like a catch 22 or just bias review points of posters. Which could it be?

Did you claim in 2015 when Baltimore was being burned down and destroy that Obama abdicated his responsibility?  This shit started we’ll before trump and the fact you’re trying to pin it all in him shows intellectual dishonesty.  This is fanned more by antifa and anarchistic groups trying to manipulate people into doing their dirty work. 

Just another day in Baltimore. I can say that since I live nearby. But I agree about the riots. They didn’t start under Trump or Obama. It’s deep seeded. My guess is being cooped up for quarantine didn’t help with frustrations escalating. 

I guess we will see what happens in 6 months. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lalli25 said:

Lollipop, the National Guard was called up by the Minnesota governor - the guard is not normally under the President's control, that is normally done by the governor. Obama did not abdicate his responsibility in Baltimore - Governor Larry Hogan called in the Maryland National Guard.

And I have not seen anyone question the decision to bring in the National Guard.

As far as abdicating responsibility, Obama tried to defuse the situation by addressing the violence, and had the DOJ investigate the death. Trump's DOJ dropped the investigation, insuring that yet another senseless police killing would go un-punished.

The violence is not just about the Floyd killing - it is about all the other killings that have been swept under the rug, with the perpetrators going un-punished. Like Baltimore.

47 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

Lollipop, the National Guard was called up by the Minnesota governor - the guard is not normally under the President's control, that is normally done by the governor. Obama did not abdicate his responsibility in Baltimore - Governor Larry Hogan called in the Maryland National Guard.

And I have not seen anyone question the decision to bring in the National Guard.

As far as abdicating responsibility, Obama tried to defuse the situation by addressing the violence, and had the DOJ investigate the death. Trump's DOJ dropped the investigation, insuring that yet another senseless police killing would go un-punished.

The violence is not just about the Floyd killing - it is about all the other killings that have been swept under the rug, with the perpetrators going un-punished. Like Baltimore.

Trump’s DOJ did not drop the case on Floyd.  You’re just doing more lies abs hand truths like you did in Va. thread.  

42 minutes ago, Lalli25 said:

Trump’s DOJ did not drop the case on Floyd.  You’re just doing more lies abs hand truths like you did in Va. thread.  

Uh, we were talking Baltimore. That was the Freddie Gray case, not Floyd. On the offhand chance that you were talking about Freddie Gray:

Attorney General Loretta Lynch announced on May 8, 2015, that the Department of Justice would conduct a review of the current practices of Baltimore Police Department on account of the "serious erosion of public trust" in relation to the circumstances of Gray's death.[102] The review took effect immediately, and focused on allegations that Baltimore police officers use excessive force, including deadly force, conduct unlawful searches, seizures or arrests, and engage in discriminatory policing.[102]

As of May 2015, Federal authorities were conducting three probes into Baltimore police, the "pattern of practice" investigation initiated by Lynch, a collaborative review that began in the fall of 2014, and a civil rights probe into the death of Gray.[103]

On September 12, 2017, the U.S. Department of Justice announced it will not bring federal charges against the six Baltimore police officers involved in the arrest and in-custody death of Freddie Gray.[22]

Just curious - what does "abs hand truth" mean - are you learning GUMBYese?

On 5/30/2020 at 2:36 PM, Blitzkrieg said:

People that aren't Trump haters don't blame him for thugs committing felonies because of some idiot cop's actions.  Nor do they blame him for the economy because it was roaring prior to the pandemic.  There's plenty of blame to go around with the pandemic response at every level.  I do however realize the brilliance of 20/20 hindsight.

Sorry, economy was not "roaring". I have pointed out that the stock market went up more percentage-wise in the first three years of both the Clinton and Obama presidencies than the Trump presidency. The national debt exploded under Trump - it was bad under Obama but not as bad as Trump, and Clinton actually eliminated the national debt. You can't say the economy is roaring when the national debt is spiraling out of control.

Trump gave billions back to the wealthy with his "rich get richer" tax cut, greatly adding to the debt. His logic was that the GDP would increase to 3.5% or higher - but it quickly settled back to a pedestrian 2% GDP growth, In fact, Obama had higher GDP growth in his last three years than Trump has in his first three years - GDP growth has slowed down under Trump. https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/01/trumps-economic-growth-is-slower-than-obamas-last-3-years/#74d1d5ed4fed

All of the numbers are pre-coronavirus, so no need to add "but coronavirus"....... 

Unemployment was (definitely past tense) low under Trump, but that was due to abundance of low-paying jobs - as evidenced by the fact that income disparity continues to get worse.

But Trump was simply maintaining the Obama job growth:

01 obama economy unemployment update

In fact, Obama added 7.9 million jobs in his last 35 months In his first 35 months, Trump added 6.7 million jobs. Gee, Obama was reducing unemployment faster than Trump - who knew?

Everyone except Trump and his Trumpettes The economic turnaround was a total Trump myth - now it is a blatant out and out lie.