Sign in to follow this  
Blitzkrieg

SC mail in ballots found in Maryland

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/how-secure-rnc-chair-rips-mail-in-voting-after-south-carolina-ballots-turn-up-in-maryland

Wait, I was assured on this very site that there was no way voting by mail could be a problem?  And this is just what we know about, what's out there that we'll never even hear about?

(cue the attacks on me, the link, Republicans, Trump, and anyone else I missed.)

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/how-secure-rnc-chair-rips-mail-in-voting-after-south-carolina-ballots-turn-up-in-maryland

Wait, I was assured on this very site that there was no way voting by mail could be a problem?  And this is just what we know about, what's out there that we'll never even hear about?

(cue the attacks on me, the link, Republicans, Trump, and anyone else I missed.)

Not attacks, just facts. But Blitzy, please, please, please get off those whacko nutjob websites. Everyone knew that the rightwing fake news would be coming out as soon as mail-in voting was pushed, and you are pushing their crap worse than a Russian bot.

You do realize that the 20 ballots were blank, right? Not completed and mailed ballots?  And they are for the June 9 election?

And here is the terrible impact, per the Post and Courier in Charleston:

SeaChange CEO Wendi Breuer said Thursday that a tray of Charleston ballots were accidentally picked up and included in the Maryland shipment. The ballots were spotted soon after they arrived and were mailed to Charleston from Baltimore. No voter failed to get their absentee ballot, she said. 

So they got their ballots three weeks before the primary. Absentee ballots are sent out well in advance, which allows them to be re-sent if there is a glitch. If the second ballot does not arrive, they can still vote in person with a provisional ballot, Just in case you are wondering, you cannot re-order the absentee ballot and vote twice - the vote is checked off in a computer and the second vote would not be counted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwampFox said:

Not the fault of the USPS. Just a foul up on the part of the printer.

True. Apparently, the printer ships the envelopes with the enclosed ballots to the state having the election and turns them over to the postal service for delivery. Shipping the envelopes directly to the state just cuts a day or two out of the mail time. That is when it was discovered that a tray of 20 ballots for South Carolina had inadvertently been included with the Maryland ballots.

But here is the thing:  The envelopes had the correct addresses in South Carolina. So nothing had to be done - the post office just took them to the correct recipients in South Carolina. It just added a day or two to the mail time.

But Blitzy has proven massive voter fraud - let's outlaw absentee ballots altogether!! 

i love that this does not bother some of you guys....the one thing that we have is free elections...personally I have no problem with mail in ballots and don't think election fraud is much of an issue but finding ballots in the wrong state certainly fuels the fires of conspiracy 

6 hours ago, STS said:

i love that this does not bother some of you guys....the one thing that we have is free elections...personally I have no problem with mail in ballots and don't think election fraud is much of an issue but finding ballots in the wrong state certainly fuels the fires of conspiracy 

Did you read my post? Twenty envelopes with blank ballots inside were shipped to Maryland for mailing instead of South Carolina. They contained blank ballots and they had the correct addresses in South Carolina. The ballots are for the June 9th primary and the 20 recipients already have received their ballots.

It does not bother me because it was a careless (but honest) mistake that did absolutely NO damage. Blitzy was claiming massive incompetence and voter fraud and that was not the case. The 20 people got their ballots a day or two later than they would have, but still in plenty of time to vote.

Why does it bother you?

7 hours ago, STS said:

It doesn't matter whether it was 20 or 200 or 2000 ballots.  Liberals would never admit there was a problem or there could be a problem.  There's certainly stuff like this going on that will never see the light of day.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

It doesn't matter whether it was 20 or 200 or 2000 ballots.  Liberals would never admit there was a problem or there could be a problem.  There's certainly stuff like this going on that will never see the light of day.

Conservatives would never admit that this sudden hysteria on the right is due to one thing: If roadblocks to voting are removed, it hurts their chances of winning.

Yes, there are possibilities of mistakes being made. See - I admitted it. But then I am not a Liberal. But there is no tinfoil hat conspiracy afoot on the part of Liberals to steal elections by using voter fraud either. And the mistakes seem to be honest (the Republican scam in NC being the notable exception) and bi-partisan. In other words, neither the Dems or the Republicans gain much advantage.

You indicate that there is massive fraud and your example resulted in NOT ONE PERSON GETTING THEIR MAIL-IN BALLOTS LATE.  So if "There's certainly stuff like this going on that will never see the light of day" - and say it happens a thousand times in an election - 1000 times X 0 ballots not arriving on time = 0 votes not cast. Yeah, massive voter fraud. 

9 minutes ago, Ace Dilcock said:

Conservatives would never admit that this sudden hysteria on the right is due to one thing: If roadblocks to voting are removed, it hurts their chances of winning.

Yes, there are possibilities of mistakes being made. See - I admitted it. But then I am not a Liberal. But there is no tinfoil hat conspiracy afoot on the part of Liberals to steal elections by using voter fraud either. And the mistakes seem to be honest (the Republican scam in NC being the notable exception) and bi-partisan. In other words, neither the Dems or the Republicans gain much advantage.

You indicate that there is massive fraud and your example resulted in NOT ONE PERSON GETTING THEIR MAIL-IN BALLOTS LATE.  So if "There's certainly stuff like this going on that will never see the light of day" - and say it happens a thousand times in an election - 1000 times X 0 ballots not arriving on time = 0 votes not cast. Yeah, massive voter fraud. 

Trump has said it himself.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/trump-says-gop-would-never-win-again-if-democrats-voting-provisions-made-it-into-stimulus-bill/

Trump Says GOP Would Never Win Again if Democrats’ Voting Provisions Made It into Stimulus Bill

President Donald Trump offered an assessment of a national vote-by-mail standard during a Fox News interview on Monday morning, saying that if such a provision made it into the COVID-19 stimulus bill–as Democrats hoped–Republicans would never win an election again.

“The things they had in there were crazy,” Trump said of easily-defeated Democratic Party requests to fund a vote-by-mail system during an appearance on Fox & Friends. “They had things–levels of voting, that if you ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

48 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

No indication of which party's candidates that he was helping out, and the judges may not be affiliated with any party. But he looks like he added a total of 113 votes over three elections.

But you raise a good point in favor of mail-in ballots - that could not have happened with an absentee ballot. 

It would also be difficult if not impossible to do that in South Carolina with the computerized system and the hard copy of the ballot. The election official would have to falsely sign in as multiple voters (and hope that they would not show up later to vote), then physically vote in front of poll managers. That would not fly.