Sign in to follow this  
cocky0

OL was looking good?

9 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

Maybe he isn't into coach speak, but he is a life long football coach, I am on a wait and see (hopefully) plan. 

After hearing Muschamp talk up last seasons squad in the spring and summer, I just won't believe it till I see it

Yeah there haven't been many times in recent memory where a player or position group has lived up to the spring hype. 

11 hours ago, carolina_corpsman said:

Maybe he isn't into coach speak, but he is a life long football coach, I am on a wait and see (hopefully) plan. 

After hearing Muschamp talk up last seasons squad in the spring and summer, I just won't believe it till I see it

I agree with wait and see method but last year the OL was actually dominate running the ball at times.  The issue was lack of answers to D adjustments by OC, predictable calls and limited QB play.  If we can get better balance, QB play and diverse run game, I think the OL should be good. 

I agree Lalli. The O LIne has been better than people realize for the last few years. 

A lot of the line issues last year were due to the QB's inexperience with making adjustments and checking out of bad sets. Hilinski was not a scrambler to start with,  but when he got banged up, he was toast - a sitting duck. And the inexperienced OC did not do much to help Hilinski or the O Line out.

I have liked our O Line recruiting and we only lose Stanley - he was a good one, but still just one guy. We actually built depth last year when several starters got hurt, so we should be fine with experience and depth. They have a chance to be a very good unit.