Jump to content

Counting down to 2021 Duke's Mayo Bowl

South Carolina Football Schedule South Carolina Gamecocks' vs. North Carolina Tar heels North Carolina Football Schedule

 

The countdown has finished!

GO COCKS WIN!!

 

Corona virus, the non-asshole thread


TheYancey

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, GoldenSpur7 said:

First round of voting, FDA rejected booster request from Pfizer. 

Seems it's the other way around. 

Quote

Vaccine advisers to the US Food and Drug Administration voted unanimously Friday to recommend emergency use authorization of a booster dose of Pfizer's vaccine six months after full vaccination in people 65 and older and those at high risk of severe Covid-19.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/health/fda-vrbpac-booster-meeting/index.html

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Pfizer states that data from trial of 5-11 year olds show vaccine to be safe and effective. Plans to submit to FDA 'soon' for Emergency Use Authorization. 

Hellz yeah....I am getting booster this friday (finally lol) but I would trade it for my other kid getting vaccinated

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Seattle Times did an interesting data crunch of states with low vax numbers vs high vax numbers. Sadly, for every person dying in the highest vax-rate states like Maine, 12 die in lowest vax-rate states like Mississippi. 12 to 1 ... just so sad, because 11 of those are 100% preventable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Swayin said:

The Seattle Times did an interesting data crunch of states with low vax numbers vs high vax numbers. Sadly, for every person dying in the highest vax-rate states like Maine, 12 die in lowest vax-rate states like Mississippi. 12 to 1 ... just so sad, because 11 of those are 100% preventable.

Most non-vaxxers want nothing to do with those facts. They stickin' to their stories. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure if this is the case everywhere but if you want the booster just go in and say you have a predisposing condition...they don't ask for any proof and pharamcist will give the injection...I was told that they dont' do anything with the informatoin in terms of any sort of national database...I don't care what the FDA says, I think that you had better do what you feel is best for you 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JimG said:

Does it have to be the same type? Seems Moderna may now have better results than Pfizer. 

from what I understand it matters but I don't know if there is science to base that on...Moderna seems to have better chance of fending off Delta but there seems to be no statistical difference in hospitalizations (which is the most important criteria to me)...that being said there is now a study showing that a second injection with JandJ make it is as efficacious as either of the mRNA vaccines

At the end of the day I would talk to your physician before jumping from one to the other

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, STS said:

from what I understand it matters but I don't know if there is science to base that on...Moderna seems to have better chance of fending off Delta but there seems to be no statistical difference in hospitalizations (which is the most important criteria to me)...that being said there is now a study showing that a second injection with JandJ make it is as efficacious as either of the mRNA vaccines

At the end of the day I would talk to your physician before jumping from one to the other

 

I'm gonna get one of each. Triple protection! And maybe some horse cream to boot.

 

  • High Five 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

I'm gonna get one of each. Triple protection! And maybe some horse cream to boot.

 

 my wife uses this face cream that is made in a pharmacy in Arizona and sure enough it has the ivermectin in it...I told her we could probably sell that crap and make a fortune

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, carolina_corpsman said:

The ED I used to work in has lost 8 more nurses since I put in my notice. 

Meanwhile they keep offering new hire bonuses instead of retention bonuses. 

I really don't get this. Not just nursing, but companies in general. They won't offer incentives to keep people, but would rather give signing bonuses to attract new hires. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, carolina_corpsman said:

The ED I used to work in has lost 8 more nurses since I put in my notice. 

Meanwhile they keep offering new hire bonuses instead of retention bonuses. 

Baffling? Turnover is expensive af for any company, let alone factoring in bonuses?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Spur's Addiction said:

I really don't get this. Not just nursing, but companies in general. They won't offer incentives to keep people, but would rather give signing bonuses to attract new hires. 

works that way in almost every business unfortunately...how do you feel when you pay your cell phone bill or your cable bill/internet bill/_____________ as a long time customer only to find out that new customers get a better deal...it makes zero sense 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 2:51 PM, STS said:

I am not sure if this is the case everywhere but if you want the booster just go in and say you have a predisposing condition...they don't ask for any proof and pharamcist will give the injection...I was told that they dont' do anything with the informatoin in terms of any sort of national database...I don't care what the FDA says, I think that you had better do what you feel is best for you 

Or, just say you haven't been vaccinated yet to get a booster. I think it's the same dosage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 9:46 PM, SanAntonioCock said:

Or, just say you haven't been vaccinated yet to get a booster. I think it's the same dosage.

to be 100% honest I am not sure they know the dosage...I have a friend who got JandJ and then just now went and got moderna...I think it will be interesting to see if over the next few years if they track people who are honest about mixing vaccines who comes out ahead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just read a good bit about some of the trials going on with some antivirals for therapy after the fact...hopefully some of these will pan out though I know that the remdesevir has been advocated since the onset of the pandemic.  It would be nice to have a cocktail that will keep people off vents and out of ICUs since we have a portion of the population who won't take the vaccine

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, STS said:

just read a good bit about some of the trials going on with some antivirals for therapy after the fact...hopefully some of these will pan out though I know that the remdesevir has been advocated since the onset of the pandemic.  It would be nice to have a cocktail that will keep people off vents and out of ICUs since we have a portion of the population who won't take the vaccine

I have heard this too. Even some oral anti-virals being developed and tested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gamecock88 said:

Had an un vaccinated friend pass last week.  Very tough time.  Was in the hospital and icu for weeks but went quickly once on the vent.  He was a few months away from retirement. 

Sad times my friend. Condolences. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

GCF Chatroom

GCF Chatroom

    You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...