Sign in to follow this  
kingofnerf

Coronavirus: Real or imagined threat to the US?

The Dow plunged 1000 points today based on fears about the spread of the virus.

Stock markets plunged around the world Monday after the number of coronavirus cases surged in Italy and South Korea, putting two more major economies at risk from a virus that has already caused widespread disruption in China.

The Dow (INDU) closed 1,032 points, or 3.6%, lower, marking its worst day in two years, when it closed down more than 1,000 points twice within a week as inflation fears gripped Wall Street. On February 5 and again on February 8, 2018, the Dow's percentage drop was more than 4% on both days.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/23/business/stock-futures-coronavirus/index.html

That's a boatload of money, no matter how you look at it.

Up to seven cases in San Antonio and the people here are freaking out. Hard to get straight answers from CDC. Nobody was supposed to leave base, but first ended up at a private hospital for a time but left and nobody can say where they are. Then, the next cases were supposed to go to a state turboculis center but they deny anybody there. We have on of the premier Army hospitals in the world and I thought that was why we were chosen but nobody is going there.  They released the first planeload of quarantined the day after the second plane arrived and they are all staying at the same place. To answer the question though, I think we are safe unless the CDC screws it up 

1 hour ago, SanAntonioCock said:

Up to seven cases in San Antonio and the people here are freaking out. Hard to get straight answers from CDC. Nobody was supposed to leave base, but first ended up at a private hospital for a time but left and nobody can say where they are. Then, the next cases were supposed to go to a state turboculis center but they deny anybody there. We have on of the premier Army hospitals in the world and I thought that was why we were chosen but nobody is going there.  They released the first planeload of quarantined the day after the second plane arrived and they are all staying at the same place. To answer the question though, I think we are safe unless the CDC screws it up 

So... Are you saying you don't trust the government to make the best choices for the general well-being of the public? 

I thought you were one of those gov sponsored healthcare nuts.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

So... Are you saying you don't trust the government to make the best choices for the general well-being of the public? 

I thought you were one of those gov sponsored healthcare nuts.

The doctors would be making the medical decisions. the government would just administer the payment.  Nice try though.

3 minutes ago, SanAntonioCock said:

The doctors would be making the medical decisions. the government would just administer the payment.  Nice try though.

Are you sure? The NHS has shown that the gov. will make healthcare decision based on cost.

Is it too early to say I told you so?

2 minutes ago, Tastylicks said:

Yes. And I’m glad you are working. Now you can help your wife out with the bills a little 

What do you do? Honest question. On cockytalk you said you worked in marketing, but Im pretty sure you lost that job. Just trying to figure out what you do and why you have the perspective that you have.

2 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

What do you do? Honest question. On cockytalk you said you worked in marketing, but Im pretty sure you lost that job. Just trying to figure out what you do and why you have the perspective that you have.

I have always worked in marketing. You are wrong as hell about my life and the biggest thing is that it’s none of your dammed business