Ok, anybody got a good Pheasant recipe? I've done them roasted, braised and  I have debreasted them and fried them up as cuttletts.  Going to a tower shoot tomorrow and I always end up with at least 5 or 6 birds and I am running out of ways to cook them. Hit me with your best recipe. 

• High Five 1

21 minutes ago, Catdaddy66 said:

My father was a pheasant Hunter! He absolutely loved them, but quit when his favorite dog, Penny, passed away when I was 2. I ate some but can't remember the recipe... YouTube has recipes for ANYTHING you want to cook.

Tower shoots are not quite as fun as upland bird hunting, but it was a charity event to raise funds for a good cause, and all the meat that was harvested and not claimed by shooters was donated to hunters for the homeless, all that to say I enjoyed it, always do. One of the best parts is watching the dogs work, there were I think 5 dogs working the hunt and they all had an absolute blast. I keep telling myself that when my older dogs are no longer here, I might try a bird dog. 

I do have a recipe for bacon wrapped pheasant that I think I might try, will post updates at some point. 

On 1/31/2020 at 9:45 AM, carolina_corpsman said:

Someone in the blind next to us almost took a bird to the face lol feathers everywhere. 

That's a big reason I don't hunt. I trust me but not all the others that tote a gun near me. Fishing might lead to a painful hook caught somewhere on you. A hunting mistake by others can end you!

8 hours ago, Catdaddy66 said:

That's a big reason I don't hunt. I trust me but not all the others that tote a gun near me. Fishing might lead to a painful hook caught somewhere on you. A hunting mistake by others can end you!

True, Ivye gotten peppered more than once. On this case however he shot the bird, gravity and momentum took care of the rest.

• High Five 1