Sign in to follow this  
GoldenSpur7

Survey USA Poll: Bernie (+9) Leads Trump By Widest Margin

3 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

@GoldenSpur7 Like the polls that told us Hillary was a slam dunk?

I would have to see how those were conducted. Usually, day-to-day presidential polls are at a sample size of around 1400, which is like 95% confidence level, 3% m-o-e. This one was bigger and more detailed. http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=a98a06be-92cb-493f-a04a-b14c72c8c0e9

Though I would say that there were some flaws in the ones in '16. They weren't rooting out something in the population, there was some type of response bias, most likely.

2 minutes ago, JimG said:

For the love of God and country....can't they find something better than the same old hags? 

How about Andrew Yang? 

8 minutes ago, JimG said:

Typical...some of the best candidates can make it to the top. 

Explain? There is absolutely nothing appealing to me about him. If anything you would think they might run someone a bit more moderate. 

Just now, MBGCock said:

Why would anyone want democrats to have a viable option.  Yall plan on voting communist? 

because it is not the end of the world if a democrat is elected...my life will not change much at all...if a democrat wins I promise that the sky will not fall

2 minutes ago, STS said:

because it is not the end of the world if a democrat is elected...my life will not change much at all...if a democrat wins I promise that the sky will not fall

Exactly, but I would certainly prefer a more moderate Dem wins, Yang doesn't really strike me as moderate. 

20 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

Explain? There is absolutely nothing appealing to me about him. If anything you would think they might run someone a bit more moderate. 

Young idealist. Seems like a guy that's untainted by old school politics and is respectable. I haven't dug any deeper than that. I don't think he's a commie...is he? :animated-smileys-laughing-041:

1 minute ago, JimG said:

Young idealist. Seems like a guy that's untainted by old school politics and is respectable. I haven't dug any deeper than that. I don't think he's a commie...is he? :animated-smileys-laughing-041:

Not really a commie, but he is not realy moderate. From a personal view (obv I won't be voting dem anytime soon) he supports medicaid for all which is unsustainable, he supports an AWB as well as other anti 2A stances, (what do liberals have against oppressors? they keep trying to make them even harder to get) and he wants to spend trillions of dollars to give away money in his UBI plan. The only thing that I see in his platform that I like is some of his criminal Justice reform and his Vet support platform. 

• Like 1

Just now, JimG said:

there are many things that he is running on that I vehemently disagree with and would be incredibly expensive to fund while at the same time have a sieve at our borders but at least you know where he stands

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

Not really a commie, but he is not realy moderate. From a personal view (obv I won't be voting dem anytime soon) he supports medicaid for all which is unsustainable, he supports an AWB as well as other anti 2A stances, (what do liberals have against oppressors? they keep trying to make them even harder to get) and he wants to spend trillions of dollars to give away money in his UBI plan. The only thing that I see in his platform that I like is some of his criminal Justice reform and his Vet support platform. 

Didn't he also say he would give every adult 1000k a month or something along those lines?

The country's financial accomplishments during the Clinton Administration created the belief that a Democratic President was good for the economy, which the Obama Administration quietly reversed with the ACA mandates that created a culture of part-time employment in this country.

Young twenty- and thirty-somethings don't have a problem working for not-enough/hour, but the rest of us with mortgages to pay do.

This is really what the November election will come down to.

Some years ago the couple in the apartment above me came down from NYC where they had made $14/hour buffing floors in a hospital and they expected to make the same wage in South Carolina.

McNope.  Neither one of them had found a job when I left to move into my house six months later.

This is the same strategy Sanders is using now.  It plays good on TV, but the financial math doesn't really work in real life.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SanAntonioCock said:

It's all gonna come down to Wisconsin, Pennsylvania,  Michigan and maybe Arizona and Florida. Arizona probably not good for Bernie but I like his chance in the other states.

This. And WI just dropped 300,000 voters from their rolls. THe marquette poll last month didn't look good for the Democratic candidate, they may have to pick up AZ.

5 minutes ago, kingofnerf said:

The country's financial accomplishments during the Clinton Administration created the belief that a Democratic President was good for the economy, which the Obama Administration quietly reversed with the ACA mandates that created a culture of part-time employment in this country.

Young twenty- and thirty-somethings don't have a problem working for not-enough/hour, but the rest of us with mortgages to pay do.

This is really what the November election will come down to.

Some years ago the couple in the apartment above me came down from NYC where they had made $14/hour buffing floors in a hospital and they expected to make the same wage in South Carolina.

McNope.  Neither one of them had found a job when I left to move into my house six months later.

This is the same strategy Sanders is using now.  It plays good on TV, but the financial math doesn't really work in real life.

A Nationwide $15 min wage would wreck havoc on states like SC with low costs of living.